New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Silverlight not working using Firefox 14.0.1 on an iMac running OSX 10.7.4

New Poster

Silverlight not working using Firefox 14.0.1 on an iMac running OSX 10.7.4

Hi Comcast Joe,

I just added xfinity tv so I can watch tv on my 27" iMac running Lion (I don't have an actual television!)  I downloaded and installed Silverlight, set the "enable download and updates to components, etc." in the preferences.

Whenever I try to watch any of the content through xfinity (regular or premium channels which I have a 3 month trial for) I get " You're almost ready to watch, Please install the Microsoft Silverlight plug-in to begin watching this video, install now." 

This is AFTER I've already gone through downloading and installing Silverlight. What am I doing wrong, if anything, and are there any fixes? This is slightly important, since I checked several times with the phone support gal to make sure I could watch on my mac because I don't have any other way to watch. :-(

Thanks Joe,

G

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: Silverlight not working using Firefox 14.0.1 on an iMac running OSX 10.7.4

gaiagirl wrote:

Hi Comcast Joe,

I just added xfinity tv so I can watch tv on my 27" iMac running Lion (I don't have an actual television!)  I downloaded and installed Silverlight, set the "enable download and updates to components, etc." in the preferences.

Whenever I try to watch any of the content through xfinity (regular or premium channels which I have a 3 month trial for) I get " You're almost ready to watch, Please install the Microsoft Silverlight plug-in to begin watching this video, install now." 

This is AFTER I've already gone through downloading and installing Silverlight. What am I doing wrong, if anything, and are there any fixes? This is slightly important, since I checked several times with the phone support gal to make sure I could watch on my mac because I don't have any other way to watch. :-(

Thanks Joe,

G

Completely uninstall Silverlight from your computer. Then download and install Silverlight from the appropriate link below. The link below is a patched version of Silverlight that is not on Microsoft's website:

Mac users 

Follow all the on-screen instructions and then try playing videos again. Let me know the results.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Contributor

Re: Silverlight not working using Firefox 14.0.1 on an iMac running OSX 10.7.4

I, too am having the same problems.  I also can't seem to figure out how to ininstall Silverlight from my Mac.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation