Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Silverlight Update

New Poster

Silverlight Update

I am currently not able to watch videos online due to a message that pops up saying that I need to update silverlight.  I have updated Silverlight four times, and it still hasn't worked.  I even downloaded Silverlight's own update through Silverlight's website, and not through the upgrade now button on comcast.  I have tried to open the videos on two different browsers, and neither have been successful.  I am also a Netflix customer, and Netflix has not required the upgrade of Silverlight, so I was also confused as to why Comcast would need the update, and not Netflix...  

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: Silverlight Update

KRB13 wrote:

I am currently not able to watch videos online due to a message that pops up saying that I need to update silverlight.  I have updated Silverlight four times, and it still hasn't worked.  I even downloaded Silverlight's own update through Silverlight's website, and not through the upgrade now button on comcast.  I have tried to open the videos on two different browsers, and neither have been successful.  I am also a Netflix customer, and Netflix has not required the upgrade of Silverlight, so I was also confused as to why Comcast would need the update, and not Netflix...  

Completely uninstall Silverlight from your computer. Then download and install Silverlight from the link below:

Mac users 

Follow all the on-screen instructions and then try playing videos again. Let me know the results.

(I know you have done this four times but this version of Silverlight is patched. This message will no longer appear and you will be able watch videos)

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Frequent Visitor

I am having the same problem today, so I uninstalled Silverlight and then clicked on the link you supplied.  It took me nowhere.  I have a pc, not a Mac.  Please help

Official Employee

golfgirl8350 wrote:

I am having the same problem today, so I uninstalled Silverlight and then clicked on the link you supplied.  It took me nowhere.  I have a pc, not a Mac.  Please help

Follow the steps above and then try this link for Windows users:

Windows Users

Let me know the results.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Frequent Visitor

I uninstalled and reinstalled Silverlight with the PC link you gave me.  No change.  I still get the same "update Silverlight" message I was getting before.  This is on Chrome.  On IE, I was able to start Falling Skies' latest episode and watch the first section but then it went to commercial and kept repeating commercials without ever being able to get back to the episode.  I see other people are having the same problem, although with different shows.

Frequent Visitor

Turns out that I can watch recent episodes of shows on NBC, ABC & CBS along with some other channels, with no problem regarding Silverlight.  I can also watch short clips from any channel with no problem.  But TNT, USA. TBS, etc., it's impossible to watch recent episodes of any of their shows without getting the Silverlight upgrade message.  So perhaps it's not my version of Silverlight that's the problem?  Maybe it's a Xfinity issue?

Official Employee

golfgirl8350 wrote:

Turns out that I can watch recent episodes of shows on NBC, ABC & CBS along with some other channels, with no problem regarding Silverlight.  I can also watch short clips from any channel with no problem.  But TNT, USA. TBS, etc., it's impossible to watch recent episodes of any of their shows without getting the Silverlight upgrade message.  So perhaps it's not my version of Silverlight that's the problem?  Maybe it's a Xfinity issue?

Those videos that are working use Flash Player, not Silverlight.

Please go to www.xfinitytv.com/computer and copy the information you see on-screen and paste it in this thread so we can further assist you.

Thanks,

Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Frequent Visitor

My Device Information My Zip Code: 97211 My Cable Provider: Comcast Portland Digital My myDVR Manager Status: Not Installed My Set Top Box Names: Not Installed My Queue setup: True Facebook Queue Syncing: False Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 24.20.147.6 My operating system: Windows - Undefined My web browser: Chrome 20 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/536.11 (KHTML, Like Gecko) Chrome/20.0.1132.57 Safari/536.11 My system type: Desktop Computer Or Other Device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: 5.1.10411.0 My flash version: 11.3 R300 Javascript: Enabled Cookies: Enabled Time Information My Clock Time: Thu Jul 26 2012 13:10:00 GMT-0700 (Pacific Daylight Time) Server Clock Time: Thu Jul 26 2012 13:10:00 GMT-0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)

My Account Information Primary Account: True Provider Codes: Bw, Ci, A, Bq, Ce, Cd, Cf, By, Bu, At, Bs, Cb, Ch, Bl, Bv, B, Bo, Cc, Bn Internet Subscriber: True Cable TV Subscriber: True Voice Subscriber: False
New Poster

I am having the same problem tried unistalling and reinstalling to no avail.  This is sucks, we pay a premium fo rthe service to be on demand and it doesnt work.  I am extremely dissapointed. Resolve asap please

Official Employee

golfgirl8350 wrote:

My Device Information My Zip Code: 97211 My Cable Provider: Comcast Portland Digital My myDVR Manager Status: Not Installed My Set Top Box Names: Not Installed My Queue setup: True Facebook Queue Syncing: False Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 24.20.147.6 My operating system: Windows - Undefined My web browser: Chrome 20 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/536.11 (KHTML, Like Gecko) Chrome/20.0.1132.57 Safari/536.11 My system type: Desktop Computer Or Other Device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: 5.1.10411.0 My flash version: 11.3 R300 Javascript: Enabled Cookies: Enabled Time Information My Clock Time: Thu Jul 26 2012 13:10:00 GMT-0700 (Pacific Daylight Time) Server Clock Time: Thu Jul 26 2012 13:10:00 GMT-0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)

My Account Information Primary Account: True Provider Codes: Bw, Ci, A, Bq, Ce, Cd, Cf, By, Bu, At, Bs, Cb, Ch, Bl, Bv, B, Bo, Cc, Bn Internet Subscriber: True Cable TV Subscriber: True Voice Subscriber: False

It still says that you have an older version of Silverlight installed. The version I posted in this thread is a patched version that resolves most video playback issues.

Can you please uninstall Silverlight from your computer and then go back  to www.xfinitytv.com/computer and copy the information you see on-screen and paste it in this thread. Make sure that you are properly uninstalling Silverlight. I want to make sure that your computer is completely rid of this version before going further.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

My Device Information My Zip Code: 03801 My Cable Provider: Comcast Greenland Digital My myDVR Manager Status: Activated My Set Top Box Names: DVR 1 My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: False Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 50.75.168.137 My operating system: Windows - Undefined My web browser: Chrome 20 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/536.11 (KHTML, Like Gecko) Chrome/20.0.1132.57 Safari/536.11 My system type: Desktop Computer Or Other Device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: 5.1.10411.0 My flash version: 11.3 R300 Javascript: Enabled Cookies: Enabled Time Information My Clock Time: Thu Jul 26 2012 16:27:37 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time) Server Clock Time: Thu Jul 26 2012 16:27:39 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

My Account Information Primary Account: True Provider Codes: Bw, S, D, Al, Ci, A, Y, Bq, Bx, Ce, Cd, Cf, By, Bu, At, Bs, Cb, Ch, Ar, Aw, Bz, Bm, Au, Bl, Bv, B, U, Bp, Br, Bo, Bt, Cc, H, Ad, Bn Internet Subscriber: True Cable TV Subscriber: True Voice Subscriber: False
Frequent Visitor

My Device Information My Zip Code: 97211 My Cable Provider: Comcast Portland Digital My myDVR Manager Status: Not Installed My Set Top Box Names: Not Installed My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: False Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 24.20.147.6 My operating system: Windows - Undefined My web browser: Chrome 20 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/536.11 (KHTML, Like Gecko) Chrome/20.0.1132.57 Safari/536.11 My system type: Desktop Computer Or Other Device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: 5.1.10516.0 My flash version: 11.3 R300 Javascript: Enabled Cookies: Enabled Time Information My Clock Time: Thu Jul 26 2012 14:23:37 GMT-0700 (Pacific Daylight Time) Server Clock Time: Thu Jul 26 2012 14:23:37 GMT-0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)

Frequent Visitor

Hi. Ignore the other two device information listings.  I rebooted my computer after using Revo Uninstaller and it now reads:

My Device Information

My Zip Code:97211My Cable Provider:Comcast Portland DigitalMy myDVR Manager Status:Not InstalledMy Set Top Box Names:Not InstalledMy Queue setup:FalseFacebook Queue Syncing:FalseFacebook Connect:FalseMy public IP address:24.20.147.6My operating system:Windows - UndefinedMy web browser:Chrome 20 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/536.11 (KHTML, Like Gecko) Chrome/20.0.1132.57 Safari/536.11My system typeesktop Computer Or Other DeviceMy Move player version:Not InstalledMy Silverlight version:UnknownMy flash version:11.3 R300Javascript:Enabled Cookies:Enabled
Time Information

My Clock Time:Thu Jul 26 2012 15:06:35 GMT-0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)Server Clock Time:Thu Jul 26 2012 15:06:35 GMT-0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)
My Account Information

Primary Account:TrueProvider Codes:Bw, Ci, A, Bq, Ce, Cd, Cf, By, Bu, At, Bs, Cb, Ch, Bl, Bv, B, Bo, Cc, BnInternet Subscriber:TrueCable TV Subscriber:TrueVoice Subscriber:False

What do you think?

Official Employee

The second set of specifications you posted shows that you have the correct version installed and the third comes up as Unknown. Did you try watching any videos before you rebooted your computer with the Revo Uninstaller?

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation