online now

discussions

Silverlight/Moonlight on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS x64

Posted by
Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 4

Hi there,

I'm trying to watch content on a Ubuntu 12.04 x64 installation but am having problems with Silverlight.

I installed the open source equivalent, Moonlight, and while it plays some test samples I am prompted to upgrade to the latest version, which naturally won't install in my Linux environment.  Here is the relevant information:

My Device Information My Zip Code: 94606 My Cable Provider: Recommended by Comcast My myDVR Manager Status: activated My Set Top Box Names: DVR 1 My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 76.126.150.98 My operating system: Linux - Linux x86_64 My web browser: Firefox 17 - Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:17.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/17.0 My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: 4.0.51204.0 My flash version: 11.1 r102 Javascript: enabled Cookies: Enabled (2666 Bytes) I'd appreciate some help with this problem.  Thanks.

3 REPLIES
Posted by
Silver Problem Solver

Message 2 of 4
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 3 of 4

ldehaan9 wrote:

Hi there,

I'm trying to watch content on a Ubuntu 12.04 x64 installation but am having problems with Silverlight.

I installed the open source equivalent, Moonlight, and while it plays some test samples I am prompted to upgrade to the latest version, which naturally won't install in my Linux environment.  Here is the relevant information:

My Device Information My Zip Code: 94606 My Cable Provider: Recommended by Comcast My myDVR Manager Status: activated My Set Top Box Names: DVR 1 My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 76.126.150.98 My operating system: Linux - Linux x86_64 My web browser: Firefox 17 - Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:17.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/17.0 My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: 4.0.51204.0 My flash version: 11.1 r102 Javascript: enabled Cookies: Enabled (2666 Bytes) I'd appreciate some help with this problem.  Thanks.

I am sorry but Moonlight is not compatible with Xfinity.com/tv.

Our product team is constantly working on improving the site to make the best experience possible. Thanks for your suggestion; we'll consider your idea for a future release.

Sorry,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 4 of 4

Agreed, Comcast should add Linux support