New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Silverlight Errof 634 with Windows 8

ANSWERED
New Poster

Silverlight Errof 634 with Windows 8

I am trying to watch the Big Ten Networ on comcast.com and cannot get the video to load. I can an error message (Error 634) saying I have to uninstall and reinstall Silverlight. I tried that and it did not fix the problem. I am using Windows 8 with Internet Explorer 10. Has anybody else experienced this? Has Silverlight been tested with the new Windows?

Accepted Solution

Re: Silverlight Errof 634 with Windows 8

I downloaded the latest version of Firefox and was able to watch the Big Ten. Unfortunately I got an error in Firefox when I tried to watch ESPN saying that my computer needs Adobe Flash Player. I downloaded the flash player and now I am good to go.

View answer in context
Tags (1)
Official Employee

dewalt84 wrote:

I am trying to watch the Big Ten Networ on comcast.com and cannot get the video to load. I can an error message (Error 634) saying I have to uninstall and reinstall Silverlight. I tried that and it did not fix the problem. I am using Windows 8 with Internet Explorer 10. Has anybody else experienced this? Has Silverlight been tested with the new Windows?

Please go to www.xfinitytv.com/computer and copy the information you see on-screen and paste it in this thread so we can further assist you.

Also, please send the URLs of the videos that you are trying to watch.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

windows 8 not recognizing silverlight installed.

I have a new windows 8 dell pc.  I cannot get it to recognize that silverlight is installed when I try to watch a tv program on xfinity.  I am using google chrome that has been updated to interface with windows 8 to access xfinity.  When I go into chrome settings it is not showing the silverlight plug ins.  Is windows 8 system bypassing plug ins somehow?  Please help me get silverlight to work with windows 8.  I am totally ignorant about computers and how they work.

New Poster

My Device Information

My Zip Code: Unknown

My Cable Provider: Unknown My myDVR Manager Status: My Set Top Box Names: My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: False

My public IP address: 71.195.60.251

My operating system: Windows - Windows NT 6.2 My web browser: Explorer 9 - Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.2; WOW64; Trident/6.0; .NET4.0E; .NET4.0C; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; MDDCJS)

My system type: Desktop computer or other device

My Move player version: Not Installed

My Silverlight version: 5.1.10516.0

My flash version: 11.3 r377 Javascript: enabled Cookies: Enabled (2367 Bytes)

Time Information My Clock Time: Fri Jan 11 20:38:30 CST 2013 Server Clock Time: Fri Jan 11 20:38:29 CST 2013

My Account Information Primary Account: True
Provider Codes: bq, ce, cd, cf, aw, cg, cu, bv, b, cr, cx, bw, ci, a, y, bx, bb, bc, bu, by, cn, ax, bs, at, ct, cb, ch, cs, e, aj, cv, bm, co, bl, bk, cw, bo, j, cc, bn Internet Subscriber: True Cable TV Subscriber: True Voice Subscriber: False
New Poster

I noticed that you asked some others about firewalls. I am running the Norton Security Suite that Comcast offers its customers. 

Official Employee

dewalt84 wrote:

My Device Information

My Zip Code: Unknown

My Cable Provider: Unknown My myDVR Manager Status: My Set Top Box Names: My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: False

My public IP address: 71.195.60.251

My operating system: Windows - Windows NT 6.2 My web browser: Explorer 9 - Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.2; WOW64; Trident/6.0; .NET4.0E; .NET4.0C; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; MDDCJS)

My system type: Desktop computer or other device

My Move player version: Not Installed

My Silverlight version: 5.1.10516.0

My flash version: 11.3 r377 Javascript: enabled Cookies: Enabled (2367 Bytes)

Time Information My Clock Time: Fri Jan 11 20:38:30 CST 2013 Server Clock Time: Fri Jan 11 20:38:29 CST 2013

My Account Information Primary Account: True
Provider Codes: bq, ce, cd, cf, aw, cg, cu, bv, b, cr, cx, bw, ci, a, y, bx, bb, bc, bu, by, cn, ax, bs, at, ct, cb, ch, cs, e, aj, cv, bm, co, bl, bk, cw, bo, j, cc, bn Internet Subscriber: True Cable TV Subscriber: True Voice Subscriber: False

Try using a different web browser and let me know if it works. This is not a permanent solution but it will help us narrow down your issue.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

I downloaded the latest version of Firefox and was able to watch the Big Ten. Unfortunately I got an error in Firefox when I tried to watch ESPN saying that my computer needs Adobe Flash Player. I downloaded the flash player and now I am good to go.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation