Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Showtime streams - Audio video go out of sync

Regular Contributor

Showtime streams - Audio video go out of sync

For the last couple weeks every time I watch a Showtime program with Video Playback Quality set to "Auto" or "Quality" the audio will fall out of sync with the video within a minute or so. Setting it to "Speed" fixes the problem, but your picture quality isn't too great in the first place, this just makes it worse.

Before you ask, my computer and connection are fine (I actually know how to maintain my system unlike you folks at Comcast), the problem is on your end...as usual.

I also don't care if your sorry for any inconvenience you've caused me. Just fix the problem.

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: Showtime streams - Audio video go out of sync

Creechuur wrote:

For the last couple weeks every time I watch a Showtime program with Video Playback Quality set to "Auto" or "Quality" the audio will fall out of sync with the video within a minute or so. Setting it to "Speed" fixes the problem, but your picture quality isn't too great in the first place, this just makes it worse.

Before you ask, my computer and connection are fine (I actually know how to maintain my system unlike you folks at Comcast), the problem is on your end...as usual.

I also don't care if your sorry for any inconvenience you've caused me. Just fix the problem.

Showtime does not give us a very high quality file to put he shows on the site. That is why shows like Dexter do not look great. We keep asking them for a better version and will work to improve their files where possible.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Regular Contributor

Well, at least I got a straight answer. The thing is, it only started happening a couple of weeks ago.

New Poster

I'm having this problem with my HBOgo and Netflix streaming videos ever since yesterday when the connection was down in the whole neighborhood. Once it came back up, our audio has been severely lagging on the laptop. The tv is fine- just the laptop is having this problem. I rebooted the router twice, but no change. Also, just to check on the computer speakers- DVD's are playing just fine. We use the laptop for streaming videos a great deal, so how can we get this resolved please?

Thank you.

New Poster

I'm not playing Showtime videos

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation