Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Showtime Anytime supposedly available now. Working for anyone?

New Poster

Showtime Anytime supposedly available now. Working for anyone?

I get "This network is not included in your current XFINITY® TV subscription*. 

* Requirements

XFINITY TV subscription
The network you are trying to watch must be included in your service"

I've done the chat with Xfinity reps and they reset my UDB a few hours ago.

I am able to watch Showtime shows at xfinitytv.comcast.net and with the Xfinity TV iOS app.

Showtime Anytime is listed as a Partner Site

This is new as of April 12

It does seem that the "federation" system of passing me from showtimeanytime.com over to the Xfinity/Comcast loging page is working fine.  It's just that my account is messed up.  Is there some magic incantation I can ask the chat customer service reps to try?

Tags (2)
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Showtime Anytime supposedly available now. Working for anyone?

yes I saw this two weeks ago that comcast was now listed as a provider if you login with the primary account holder credentials and it does not work you need to call comcast.  It works for me so its going to be account related.

New Poster

Re: Showtime Anytime supposedly available now. Working for anyone?

I was told that I must subscribe at a higher tier for Showtime Anytime to work.  I only have Limited Basic and sometimes xfinitytv.comcast.net lets me watch SHO shows, but I'm guessing it's not supposed to work either, but sort of, accidentally, and temporarily, does.

The most recent failure was after only two days.  Chatted to ask about upgrading to Digital Preferred Friday morning, by Friday afternoon xfinitytv.comcast.net is saying "Subscription Required"  Chatted Saturday morning, get it working and by Monday it does not again.

If there is a policy in the system that a subscriber must be able to watch a network on TV (by having a cable box and higher tier of service) to subscribe to a premium network, it would be nice if the assistance associates knew about it.   I only watch Clear QAM channels on my actual TV.  Everything else trying to do over internet + computer.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation