Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Showtime Anytime on a Smart TV

Posted by
Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 5

I subscribe to Showtime and I can watch it through the channel finder as well as through the XFINITY site and http://www.showtimeanytime.com/ once I log in with my Comcast login.

I recently got a Smart TV (Sony TV with Android TV) and installed the Showtime Anytime app on it but Comcast or XFINITY did not appear as a provider on the app.  I talked with someone at Showtime and they said that Comcast is not supporting Showtime on Android TV.  Is that true?  Why can't I watch Showtime?

Thank you.

4 REPLIES
Posted by
Visitor

Message 2 of 5

I have an nVidia Shield TV and I'm having the same problem. Apparently Comcast hasn't 'authorized' the Android TV Showtime Anytime app, however the Android (non-TV) app works just fine. Can I get an ETA on when the Android TV app will be authorized?

Thanks!

Jonathan

Posted by
Visitor
Message 3 of 5
If it's anything like their support for HBO Go and Playstation or Android tv, you'll be waiting years.

So happy to see Metronet laying their lines in my neighborhood.
Posted by
Visitor
Message 4 of 5
I cannot get any of the movie apps on my new Sony tv with Comcast. Almost every other provider supports it but Comcast!
Posted by
Visitor
Message 5 of 5

I have the exact same problem with my Sony TV app.  Did anyone give an answer?