ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

Showtime Anytime and Max Go Apps

When will Comcast support these apps. Let's Gooooooo
Accepted Solution

Re: Showtime Anytime and Max Go Apps

burner4444 wrote:

Effective today, MAX GO is available on the iPhone, iPad, Android mobile devices (excluding tablets) and at www.maxgo.com to XFINITY TV customers that subscribe to Cinemax. 

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

View answer in context
Tags (1)
Silver Problem Solver

They have not said when but I would guess soon, probably this year, they are under pressure from other providers to keep up with the jones'

you can watch a lot of these shows with xfinitytv app on your apple device or xbox 360.  even when it comes out it will only be for apple products as usual

Official Employee

burner4444 wrote:

Effective today, MAX GO is available on the iPhone, iPad, Android mobile devices (excluding tablets) and at www.maxgo.com to XFINITY TV customers that subscribe to Cinemax. 

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

When will Showtime Anytime roll out????

New Poster

I didn't think it would be an act of congress to watch Dexter and Homeland online or on my iPad while I'm traveling, but of course Comcast has been "beta testing" through (apparantly) a select group of Showtime Subsribers, and this has been going on since May.  It's now October.  The latest episodes of the above shows posted to the Xfinity website are last week's.  Embarassing.  Completely a joke.  I could watch tonight's episodes on the Showtime App--if I had AT&T or Verizon.  Thanks for keeping up, Comcast.

Official Employee

AtlantaViewer wrote:

I didn't think it would be an act of congress to watch Dexter and Homeland online or on my iPad while I'm traveling, but of course Comcast has been "beta testing" through (apparantly) a select group of Showtime Subsribers, and this has been going on since May.  It's now October.  The latest episodes of the above shows posted to the Xfinity website are last week's.  Embarassing.  Completely a joke.  I could watch tonight's episodes on the Showtime App--if I had AT&T or Verizon.  Thanks for keeping up, Comcast.

They are there but they have been added to the bottom of the page. Our team is working on this now.

Thank you for your feedback and sorry for the inconvenience,
Joe

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Silver Problem Solver

Hello,

When are we going to see these apps for the blackberry

Official Employee

reasd wrote:

Hello,

When are we going to see these apps for the blackberry

Every day we’re working to make Xfinity TV programming available to our customers in more ways including the Xbox, connected TVs, on websites like Xfinity TV and HBOGo, on tablets, and on other devices.  We will continue to work with our partners to deliver even more choices to our customers in more places.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

Just to confirm, if I subscribe to Showtime on my TV/Cable service, the Showtime Anytime will be fully available on iPad or computer streaming? I want to watch all the past seasons of Dexter. I don't want to subscribe to Showtime to find out that it doesn't work for the Showtime Anytime. Can you confirm? Just a little confused by the "beta" label and some of the other comments. Thanks!

Official Employee

younghishon wrote:

Just to confirm, if I subscribe to Showtime on my TV/Cable service, the Showtime Anytime will be fully available on iPad or computer streaming? I want to watch all the past seasons of Dexter. I don't want to subscribe to Showtime to find out that it doesn't work for the Showtime Anytime. Can you confirm? Just a little confused by the "beta" label and some of the other comments. Thanks!

Showtime Anytime is still in beta and we hope to have it available by the end of the year. I am sorry but no launch date has been set yet.

However, if you subscribe to Showtime, you can still watch all Dexter episodes through the XFINITY TV Player App through your iPad (also on XFINITY.com/tv through a PC or Mac).

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

Ok. I guess I'm confused about what Showtime Anytime is. 

So - if I subscribe to Showtime through Comcast cable, then I can watch all Dexter episodes from past season (like season 1 or 2) through my PC or iPad app. 

So what do you mean by Showtime Anytime is still in beta and hope to have it available by end of year - what functionality is not yet ready? I thought Showtime Anytime was just the ability to view on PC or iPad which it sounds like is already available. 

Sorry if I'm just not getting it!!

Official Employee

younghishon wrote:

Ok. I guess I'm confused about what Showtime Anytime is. 

So - if I subscribe to Showtime through Comcast cable, then I can watch all Dexter episodes from past season (like season 1 or 2) through my PC or iPad app. 

So what do you mean by Showtime Anytime is still in beta and hope to have it available by end of year - what functionality is not yet ready? I thought Showtime Anytime was just the ability to view on PC or iPad which it sounds like is already available. 

Sorry if I'm just not getting it!!

Content may vary between the two apps. For example, the HBOGo apps has a few more movies and a few more less popular shows on their app that we do not have available.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

I notice that Showtime Anytime has been in beta for about a year. DirecTV just got access today. So basically I am on the only major TV operator that does not have access to the service AND you said it would be available by the end of the year. Is that still the plan? Can we expect some good news soon since everybody else has it now? Between this, the usage restrictions on the xbox xfinity app, and having cable boxes powered by 5 year old technology it makes switching seem better and better everyday. 

Official Employee

slombardo89 wrote:

I notice that Showtime Anytime has been in beta for about a year. DirecTV just got access today. So basically I am on the only major TV operator that does not have access to the service AND you said it would be available by the end of the year. Is that still the plan? Can we expect some good news soon since everybody else has it now? Between this, the usage restrictions on the xbox xfinity app, and having cable boxes powered by 5 year old technology it makes switching seem better and better everyday. 

End of the year is still the target and this is still in process but I have no updates to report at this time. I will update this thread when any new information becomes available.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

I access Showtime Anytime online through my PC on xfinity. Just noticed that some shows (ie, Homeland, Dexter - maybe others) have an expiration in the next few weeks and the shows expire. Will this get extended? Will I no longer get access to Showtime Anytime shows on my PC through xfinity after this date? The only reason I signed up for Showtime was to get this service but now its going away? Any clarification would be great. Thanks!

Contributor

Does anyone know if there is a limit on the number of downloadable epidodes for the Xfinity Tv app?  I want to download all of Homeland and Dexter.  Will this be a problem?  Will my downloads expire?

Contributor

Nevermind, I've reached the limit.  I've got 10 episodes of Homeland to watch now. 

Frequent Visitor

I was wondering if Comcast had a new target for when showtime anytime would become available? Thank you very much for your help.
New Poster

Xfinity Joe,

Any idea if Homeland Season 2 will come back to Xfinity? They are all gone (expired)!!!

Thanks. 

Official Employee

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

Re: Showtime Anytime app

So, here we are, into April of 2013 and STILL no Comcast access through Showtime Anytime. I see that AT&T, Verizon, DirecTV and other lesser providers offer their subscribers access to ALL of ShowTime content. But not the LARGEST entertainment company in the friggin' world.

Apparently it's more important to strive to be the biggest vs just trying to be the best. Yeah, we all get it. Thanks Comcast for putting the customer before your boardroom parlor games.
New Poster

Re: Showtime Anytime app

So, if I were a DirecTV customer, paying the same $175/mo, I'd be able to watch Dexter season 7 (which has been removed from the Xfinity Player service now)? And how much more for the same (or less) per month?

Hmmm, wonder what kind of deal they'd offer me to switch?
Problem Solver

Looks like the Showtime Anytime app for iOS was just updated today (4/11/2013) to version 1.4 which adds support for Comcast XFINITY customers: http://9to5mac.com/2013/04/11/showtime-anytime-ios-app-updated-with-support-for-comcast-xfinity-subs...

Regular Contributor

No airplay?

New Poster

I pay for Showtime and can access it on my comcast service and the Showtime Anytime app on my iPad. I want to be able to use my HDMI converter and plug into my tv to broadcast Showtime Anytime on a TV without cable. HBO allows me to do this but it isn't supported by Comcast. When can we expect this upgrade? If I'm paying for the service regardless I don't understand why it is blocked. Help....soon!!! I use my iPad to watch programming while I'm on my treadmill and I'm about to drop Comcast premium services and subscribe to Netflix so I can get my Showtime shows.
Thanks!
Contributor

For people using the Android version of Showtime Anytime, here is a link to the app with the HDMI out enabled:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1943981

the first post has the link.