Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Setting Recordings Issues

Contributor

Setting Recordings Issues

Using the TV APP i constantly get REQUEST ERROR messages; I also set a recording and the red dot symbol is either not there or has a slash through it. When I check, the recordings seem to be set.

Also can't figure out how to extend a recording in this app.

Regular Contributor

Re: Setting Recordings Issues

Can you direct message me with your Comcast ID or email?

Also, provide the steps that you receive the error and the version of your device, OS, and XFINITY TV remote app.  Provide any screenshots you have as well.

To change recording settings, go to the DVR manager, select scheduled recordings and then select modify.  you can change the series settings or the episode settings.

Contributor

I can get all the info you want but I'm not sure what "direct message me" is or how to do it.

Contributor

Can you direct message me with your Comcast ID or email?

Don't understand what you are asking "direct message"??

Also, provide the steps that you receive the error and the version of your device, OS, and XFINITY TV remote app.

select program from app screen, touch record button, says "syncing", after a short period the message "REQUEST ERROR. An unknown error has occurred during this request" and I must touch OK. If I try it again sometimes it works, sometimes I get the same error.  Eventually it works.

my device: ipad mini retina display using latest update to ios 7

XFINITY remote app: 1.20.0.34

Provide any screenshots you have as well.

Don't know how to attach pictures in the post.

To change recording settings, go to the DVR manager, select scheduled recordings and then select modify.  you can change the series settings or the episode settings.

Does this mean I can't extend the times using the XFINITY app?  It would be a lot easier if I could do it when I'm scheduling the recording.

Another question I have is

Can I set a recording using times rather than shows?  Like record from 10am to 1115 am.

Service Expert

mercury52 wrote:

I can get all the info you want but I'm not sure what "direct message me" is or how to do it.

CLick on XFINITY_Sharon's name...

At the bottom of the page wyou will see a link SEND PRIVATE MESSAGE to this User....

Provide the information in that format and Sharon can take a look at your account....

Privately, without the poublic seeing your information...

Good luck!

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Contributor

Thanks geek46!

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation