Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Set a recording for a specific network

Regular Contributor

Set a recording for a specific network

I know I've done this before, but for the recording I am trying to set, under Channels, it just shows the HD or SD preferred. For the series I want to record, New Episodes Only isn't working. Another network is filling the schedule with a whole season of repeats. 

TIA

Official Employee

Re: Set a recording for a specific network

Go to the exact channel you want in the guide and find your show and press record. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Contributor

That's what I am doing. Just getting the HD/SD options. All shows on NBC did this. Also tried several other shows and it seems to work on other networks, so it appears to be an NBC only problem. 

ScreenHunter_62 Sep. 17 18.31.jpg

Official Employee

I don't know what to tell you other than you might have to actually change it on the dvr. This is what I get

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

IMG_0301.JPG
Regular Contributor

Ok, thanks. Just FYI, all shows on the local NBC affiliate, both HD and SD have the same behaviour. Don't know what drives the difference, but I'll find a workaround.

ComcastAndrew wrote:
I don't know what to tell you other than you might have to actually change it on the dvr. This is what I get

Bronze Problem Solver

ComcastAndrew wrote:

ComcastAndrew, from your attached pic you did a modify recording. If you try to set a new series recording, the channel selection is no longer offered. No matter channel or show that I try to set a series recording for there is no channel only selection. If I modify one of my old settings, it is there.

Official Employee

mvenanzi wrote:

ComcastAndrew wrote:

ComcastAndrew, from your attached pic you did a modify recording. If you try to set a new series recording, the channel selection is no longer offered. No matter channel or show that I try to set a series recording for there is no channel only selection. If I modify one of my old settings, it is there.

Mvenanzi, you're right. But the OP's question was referring to modifying a recording not setting up a new one

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Bronze Problem Solver

ComcastAndrew wrote:

mvenanzi wrote:

ComcastAndrew wrote:

Mvenanzi, you're right. But the OP's question was referring to modifying a recording not setting up a new one

I understand that, but if you set a new series recording you will not get the channel only, AND if you try to modify that new recording you will not get the channel only option. The option has been removed and only old series recording that were set with the channel only option will still show the option when you try to modify.

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation