Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Search TV & Movies feature stinks = inaccurate

New Poster

Search TV & Movies feature stinks = inaccurate

Usually have no problem using the search feature to find a particular movie - until today.

I was looking at my listings I saw a listing on TCM for a movie called "All Night Long" - the 1961/1962 one, not the one from the 80s.

Tried to do a search to see when else the film might be on. When I type the title in the search box the name of the film didn't show up. Usually the name of the movie shows up and you click on it and it will take you to the info on that movie.

Not this one. Instead, viewing results of the search I get 884 search results where the first  5 are: US Olympic Team, The Night Of, WWE monday Night Raw, The Night Shift & The Night Manager. Even if I limit it to just the pages in the TV listings, I still get 156 results! AND the movie I'm looking for is nowhere in the first two pages.

If I could look at them in alphabetical order I might be able to find it, but the order appears to be random and is NOT based on relevancy of result to the search. I can't even limit the search to titles with those words because on the second page there are entried for persons named Martha Long, Kilmaree Long and Rod Long and a host of other people (actors?) with that name.

I tried putting the search term in quotes and using a boolean search (AND).

Is there any way to filter out results or alphabetize or something?

I'm attaching a screen grab of the movie in the TV listings so you can see it actually exists and should be findable with search.

All night long movie.jpg
Problem Solver

Re: Search TV & Movies feature stinks = inaccurate

Just for the heck of it, I checked my listings.   That movie "all night long" is not listed for that time frame.  The movie "oh god" is listed.

I also checked the TCM channel on line for their schedule, and "oh god" is being shown in that 2:00am slot.

Is comcast incorrect in their listing?  I use http://www.zap2it.com and have this list of movies for today:

TCM listings.PNG  

ciao, bj

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation