Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Screens are not full size

New Poster

Screens are not full size

I can no longer get a full screen when watching a TV program on Hulu or when watching Comcast news videos on my desk top PC. Hulu used to expand to full screen, now I only get something as large as this field into which I'm typing. When watching a news video, about a third of the right side is missing.Can anyone help me with this? Also, I have no idea what passcode you need when I try to download the Hulu app onto my iPad.

Thanks to anyone who can help me figure this out.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Screens are not full size

to maximize you hit the maximize icon its the double square in internet explorer.    Hulu on your ipad has nothing at all to do with comcast.   whatever you set up as your user name and password with them is what is it is its not related to comcast in the slightest.

Regular Visitor

Having same issue but found that if you click on the video and hit the F key then it will expand to full screen. Never had this issue before and find it frustrating when the sound icon, forward/reverse bar, cc and expansion icon are all hidden because of this issue. And it has nothing to do with using the max button on the internet browser. Unsure what the issue may be as I do not have the same problem with other streaming video services. I just got lucky and tried to use the F key to see if it would expand to full size despite never having to use that method before to get full screen.

Silver Problem Solver

full screen is a function of the browser you are in.   to come out of full screen you press escape.

New Poster

I had this same issue. Thanks for the recommendation you posted about clicking the screen and clicking "F." It also works to right click and select "show all," but then the image shrinks. At least then, you have access to the full-screen command in the lower right corner. That still wasn't a perfect solution since it seemed to zoom in a bit too much, but at least stretched the image to the full-screen dimensions. I have been experiencing this problem for about a week after never experiencing it before (and I'm a frequent user of xfinity's player). I figured xfinity would have fixed it by now, so I was surprised to see so many comments dismissing the problem.

The controls along  the bottom of the screen are hidden/cut off along the bottom edge with the way that the player screen currently opens. This means we have to be creative to get the full-screen image. Please help resolve this issue in a more satisfying way.

Silver Problem Solver

the browser should always open in regular size, then you click the little icon in the lower right corner to maximize, then to go back you just press the esc key.  Again these are functions of your browser not comcast.

Problem Solver

Sounds more like an issue with some sort of zooming or enlarging within the player plugin in the browser (in Silverlight or Flash) and/or the browser itself.
Silver Problem Solver

exactly.

if your using IE go to view and to zoom size what is that set for, others browswer have the same function

New Poster

Yes, I understand about all the normal functions of internet players with the icon to maximize the picture and pressing escape to minimize.

I am familiar with the little icon in the lower right corner.

My complaint is that in the last week or two, whenever a show opens in the player, the lower bar on the right side (where the expand/maximize icon is) is cut off, making it impossible to locate or click on the button (with the exception of the semi-fix I articulated above) and therefore impossible to maximize the screen using the normal method. I do not think it is a browser issue since I have been able to successfully play things and maximize them on hulu and other sites. The problem seems to be specific to the xfinity site. I hope that clarification makes sense. If so, does anyone have suggestions for resolving that issue? Thanks.

Problem Solver

Have you tried making sure that Silverlight (and Flash) players are up to date on your system? And perhaps even the browsers as well? Just in case any of those might have something to do with it all.