ANSWERED
New Poster

Re: Screen stuck on "now connecting to your entertainment experience"

Mine is stuck as well

Official Employee

Alsn3 wrote:

Mine is stuck as well

Did you follow the instructions in the previous post on how to (hopefully) resolve this?

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Regular Visitor

Deleting cache didn't work

Works incognito... but you guys dont let me use the stuff im paying for incognito. Or in regular. W.T.F is going on. like 2 weeks now... is this real?

New Poster

I've deleted temp files, history etc. (cache) a zillion times. 

Still just hangs there one that screen.

Regular Visitor

No clue how but it ramdomly started working today.

New Poster

I'm still stuck and can't figure it out, what info do you need to reset

New Poster

i have nothing like that on my menu

Official Employee

woodyd wrote:

I'm still stuck and can't figure it out, what info do you need to reset

I deprovisioned (reset) your PC devices. Please give it another go...

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

Hi Dan, 

Dan here as well and i am also having the same issue.  Mine started yesterday when the website had me do an update and it has been hanging on the Now connecting to your entertainment experience screen ever since.  Reading thru the forum, I have cleared all browser cache and files (chrome) and also have the via code below for the elements.js you referenced.  Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated. 

Via:
http/1.1 odol-atsmid-atl-12.d1stonemtn.ga.atlanta.comcast.net (ApacheTrafficServer/5.3.2 [uIcSsNfUpNeN:t cCSi pSs ]), http/1.1 odol-atsec-ind-01.independence.mo.indepen.comcast.net (ApacheTrafficServer/6.2.1 [uScRs f p eN:t cCHi p s ])

Thank you, 
Dan
New Poster

i also just noticed this error:

net : : ERR_CONTENT_DECODING_FAILED

(screen shot attacehd):

Capture.PNG
New Poster

Greets... I have also deleted all cache/history/cookies and am experiencing the same issue..

It spans all 4 browsers on this system and my laptop with the same connection works just fine..  

The issue appeared randomly and simply quit working..  As this spans the other browsers, I am guessing something at the account level may have changed..
I can not find anywhere under my account to see or modify approved devices.  Can you direct me to the correct link or can you do this for me? (*remove all approved devices)

Thank  you..

R.Obert

[UPDATE]   Fixed...  it appears that resetting approved devices (this computer in particular) has resolved the issue.

MCSE

New Poster

I believe someone reset my devices and it now works...   
I got a new "Logon" and "Name Device" and now it works again..  

Thank you..

Official Employee

Thank you all for your patience and assistance on this issue (especially those of you who jumped through hoops to get us diagnotic info). Our engineering team believes they isolated and resolved the issue (around 1:30pm EST today). 

Please close/reopen your browser if you are still experiencing the issue.  Hopefully this bug stays squashed!  Again, sorry and thank you for your help!

Best,

ComcastDan

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

I am back up and running as well.

Thank you for all your assistance

New Poster

my mac hasn't been able to load for about a week now! just stuck on the connecting screen

Official Employee

GlenhallTaylor wrote:

my mac hasn't been able to load for about a week now! just stuck on the connecting screen

I'm sorry to hear that. What browser and operating system version are you using?  Can you try with a different browser?  Also, clearing your browser's "Cached Files" will often clear up the problem. Let me know if you need instructions on how to do that.

-ComcastDan

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

"Now connecting to your entertainment experience" is all that shows up. Continuosly fails to load.

I can walk down one flight of stairs and flick on the tv and it works but I can't load it on my laptop. Why comcast.

Official Employee

bend1 wrote:

"Now connecting to your entertainment experience" is all that shows up. Continuosly fails to load.

I can walk down one flight of stairs and flick on the tv and it works but I can't load it on my laptop. Why comcast.

Sorry you are having trouble. Please read the message from me immediately above yours. I am not able to help you troubleshoot unless you provide more detail and attempt the suggested steps such as testing in another browser, clearing your browser cache and telling me more about your computer OS and browser.

Thanks,
ComcastDan

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

Solved for me. I fixed my Chrome. Here is what I did. I wanted to cast from Chrome and nothing was working. I did all the cleaning history and cache. I updated Flash. I even did a system restore to a date I know everything worked. Nothing helped. Here is what finally did:

I went to Settings // Advanced // Privacy and security

I selected

Use a web service to help resolve navigation errors

Use a prediction service to help complete searches and URLs typed in the address bar

Use a prediction service to load pages more quickly

And

Protect you and your device from dangerous sites

I left everything else off

But here is what I think did it for me:

On the same page two categories down is "Content settings" I opened Content settings // Cookies

I selected "Allow sites to save and read cookie data (recommended)" leaving "Keep local data only until you quit your browser" and "Block third party cookies" off.

I noticed "Search cookies" 4 lines down. I typed in "xfinity"

Several cookies were found and listed. I deleted (trash) them all. I then closed Chrome and reopened it. I went to MyXfinity, signed in, found I want to watch TV Online, went through the streaming sign in, named my device, and went right through the dreaded "now connecting to your entertainment experience" page into Xfinitystream. I about shouted. My arms did go up as if I'd done something great.

Hope this helps you

Regular Visitor

Dan:

Above subject applies to me. Cannot get into the developer tool because the screen says it has been relocated. Please take the next steps toward "deprovisioning" my connection. The feed arrives from Comcast's Naples, FL facility.

Thanks,

Outsider

New Poster

Hello, I am seeing the same issue, on a MacBook with both Safari and Chrome, both of which I have flushed the cache. I get logged in and redirected to ; https://tv.xfinity.com/adding-device That is a black page with only the top banner populated - Comcast logo, Language selection, Social media links - and the rest of the page completely blank. Refreshing this page goes to a blue background page with "Xfinity Now connecting to your entertainment experience" and the three pulsating dots ticking indefinitely. This has been happening for at least 4 days. Thanks
New Poster

Having this problem myself... screen either sticks on adding device or it sticks on now connecting to your entertainment experience
New Poster

I'm having the same problem as well. My Mac is the only device that I can't pull xfinity TV on. I would appreciate being deprovisioned as well.

Thanks,

mas13

New Poster

Stuck still too =/

Frequent Visitor

Greetings, Dan

I have the same problem. It started after I updated Windows 10 this morning - before the update everything was running smoothly. I'm using Firefox. Any help you can provide to resolve this is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your efforts ~

ETA: I did clean the complete history (not only cache) and reboot a couple of times ~ alas, to no avail ~

ETA #2: There be dragons afoot! I just tried again (as I live in hope) and ~voila~ it worked (for now). I'm more and more convinced there are demons and/or dragons abound that mess around in the net just to keep us 'entertained'

In any event ~ all clear here now and thanks for the time spent on this!

Regular Visitor

xacsa.getSamlToken.404: FatalDrmError

Getting this message and the above error.

Both Safari and Firefox on a MacBook Pro running Yosemite.

What next?

Service Expert

babeetiger wrote:

xacsa.getSamlToken.404: FatalDrmError

Getting this message and the above error.

Both Safari and Firefox on a MacBook Pro running Yosemite.

What next?

My guess is 404 means a bad URL.  Try getting there from a search.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

New Poster

I cleared cache on Firefox on Mac - still hanging.  From developer tools, getting:

XML Parsing Error: syntax error
Location: https://tv.xfinity.com/entity/7851337972441385112/7687399929844482112
Line Number 1, Column 1:

The content seems to be:

<!DOCTYPE html><html prerender="false" prefix="og: http://ogp.me/ns# fb: http://ogp.me/ns/fb# website: http://ogp.me/ns/website#"><head><base href="https://tv.xfinity
 // Never redirect prerender. This is important!
        if (/prerender/i.test(navigator.userAgent)) {
          return;
        }

if (win.XTV.mobileCheck.isMobile()) {
          win.location = '/apps';
          return;
        }

if (/linux/i.test(navigator.userAgent)) {
          win.location = '/upgrade';
          return;
        }

if (!window.Promise && !window.DOMTokenList || (document.documentMode && document.documentMode < 11)) {
          window.location = '/upgrade';
        }
      }(window));</script><link href="/styles/base.css" rel="stylesheet"><script>!function(){"function"!=typeof Object.assign&&(Object.assign=function(r){"use strict";if(void 0===r||null===r)throw new TypeError("Cannot convert undefined or null to object");for(var t=Object(r),n=1;n<arguments.length;n++){var e=arguments[n];if(void 0!==e&&null!==e)for(var o in e)e.hasOwnProperty(o)&&(t[o]=e[o])}return t}),"function"!=typeof Object.values&&(Object.values=function(r){"use strict";if(void 0===r||null===r)throw new TypeError("Cannot convert undefined or null to object");return Object.keys(r).map(function(t){return r[t]})}),Array.prototype.find||(Array.prototype.find=function(r){if(null===this)throw new TypeError("Array.prototype.find called on null or undefined");if("function"!=typeof r)throw new TypeError("predicate must be a function");for(var t,n=Object(this),e=n.length>>>0,o=arguments[1],i=0;i<e;i++)if(t=n[i],r.call(o,t,i,n))return t}),Array.prototype.findIndex||(Array.prototype.findIndex=function(r){"use strict";if(null==this)throw new TypeError("Array.prototype.findIndex called on null or undefined");if("function"!=typeof r)throw new TypeError("predicate must be a function");for(var t,n=Object(this),e=n.length>>>0,o=arguments[1],i=0;i<e;i++)if(t=n[i],r.call(o,t,i,n))return i;return-1}),Array.prototype.includes||(Array.prototype.includes=function(r){"use strict";if(null==this)throw new TypeError("Array.prototype.includes called on null or undefined");var t=Object(this),n=parseInt(t.length,10)||0;if(0===n)return!1;var e,o=parseInt(arguments[1],10)||0;o>=0?e=o:(e=n+o,e<0&&(e=0));for(var i;e<n;){if(i=t[e],r===i||r!==r&&i!==i)return!0;e++}return!1}),String.prototype.includes||(String.prototype.includes=function(r,t){"use strict";return"number"!=typeof t&&(t=0),!(t+r.length>this.length)&&this.indexOf(r,t)!==-1})}();</script> <script inline>(function(win) {
    if (!win.XTV) {
      win.XTV = {};
    }
.com"><noscript><meta http-equiv="refresh" content="0;url=/nojs"></noscript><link href="/favicon.ico?v=1" rel="icon"><script>!function(t,n,i){t.XTV||(t.XTV={});var o=/Android/.test(n),e=/iPad/.test(i),r=/iPhone/.test(i),s=/iPod/.test(i),u=/iTouch/.test(i);t.XTV.mobileCheck={isAndroid:function(){return o},isIPad:function(){return e},isIos:function(){return e||r||s||u},isMobile:function(){return o||e||r||s||u}}}(window,navigator.userAgent,navigator.platform);</script><script>(function(win) 

Also got:

Strict-Transport-Security: The site specified a header that did not include a ‘max-age’ directive.[Learn More]

and

Unhandled promise rejection TypeError: this.player.getCurrentStatus is not a function
Stack trace:
y</e.prototype.getPlayerStatus@https://tv.xfinity.com/vendor_components/tv-player-platform/PlayerPlatformAPI.js:7:21139
S</t.prototype.getPlayerStatus@https://tv.xfinity.com/vendor_components/tv-player-platform/PlayerPlatformAPI.js:16:2201
watch/<@https://tv.xfinity.com/elements.js:38:19898
o@https://tv.xfinity.com/vendor_components/tv-player-platform/PlayerPlatformAPI.js:12:24680
L/<@https://tv.xfinity.com/vendor_components/tv-player-platform/PlayerPlatformAPI.js:12:24802
u@https://tv.xfinity.com/vendor_components/tv-player-platform/PlayerPlatformAPI.js:12:17080

New Poster

I was able to watch online tv prior to today on my Mac, but now locks on the screen per the other comments. I also was unable to connect using my MacBook Pro over the weekend. I use Safari for both computers, tried using Chrome, but did not work either. I have leleted browser "cached files" and retried to no avail. Please give me clear instructions on the fix.