New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Screen stuck on "now connecting to your entertainment experience"

SOLVED
Posted by
Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 66

Please help fellow comcasters....Have always been able to connect to stream live tv on xfinity tv site, however, for the past few months I have noticed I can no longer connect. I can sign in to my account and pretty much do everything else except watch tv on my iMac OS X. I was even able to stream live tv when they switched to the newer format but a couple months ago it stopped letting me get past the " now connecting to your entertainment experience". So I signed in to my account on my brother's laptop and had no problem streaming tv. I have Adobe updated to the latest version, gone to system preferences and deleted all local storage settings and also the browsing data and settings. I'm totally lost and not sure what the problem is, so I would highly appreciate it if anyone has some suggestions on what else I may have to do to fix why it isn't letting me get past that one screen. Thanks for any help!

65 REPLIES
Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 2 of 66

buttergreg wrote:

Please help fellow comcasters....Have always been able to connect to stream live tv on xfinity tv site, however, for the past few months I have noticed I can no longer connect. I can sign in to my account and pretty much do everything else except watch tv on my iMac OS X. I was even able to stream live tv when they switched to the newer format but a couple months ago it stopped letting me get past the " now connecting to your entertainment experience". So I signed in to my account on my brother's laptop and had no problem streaming tv. I have Adobe updated to the latest version, gone to system preferences and deleted all local storage settings and also the browsing data and settings. I'm totally lost and not sure what the problem is, so I would highly appreciate it if anyone has some suggestions on what else I may have to do to fix why it isn't letting me get past that one screen. Thanks for any help!

Verify your browser settings are allowing third party cookies.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 3 of 66

Ok, I went to Safari > Preferences > Block cookies and other wesite data, and i changed it from "always" to "from third parties and advertisers" and still stuck at that same screen.

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 4 of 66

buttergreg wrote:

Ok, I went to Safari > Preferences > Block cookies and other wesite data, and i changed it from "always" to "from third parties and advertisers" and still stuck at that same screen.

Block cookies and other wesite data, and i changed it from "always" to "from third parties and advertisers" Means it WILL block third party cookies. It must allow third party cookies

Posted by
Visitor

Message 5 of 66

Changed it to Never and it allows me to sign in but when I go to the tv icon it still goes to that same screen and freezes. I'm thinking I had it originally set to "always" and it used to work but it doesn't seem to matter what I have it set to and still does the same thing. #FrustratedBeyondBelief...lol, do appreciate your attempt to help me out though.

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 6 of 66

buttergreg wrote:

Changed it to Never and it allows me to sign in but when I go to the tv icon it still goes to that same screen and freezes. I'm thinking I had it originally set to "always" and it used to work but it doesn't seem to matter what I have it set to and still does the same thing. #FrustratedBeyondBelief...lol, do appreciate your attempt to help me out though.

If your willing, try chrome. I downloaded and installed it, made no changes to the settings other than norton putting its hooks in and it worked. Your the first one I read about using safari.

Posted by
Visitor
Visitor

Message 7 of 66

I have Chrome and I have the same problem.

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 8 of 66

buttergreg wrote:

Maybe you should clear all your cookies and cache, and then ensure you are not blocking third party cookies. I know that sounds drastic, but it might make a difference. No guarantees though.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 9 of 66

Did you ever figure this out? I'm having the same problem but I'm using Chrome on a PC. It works on my husbands laptop but not mine... I even tried reinstalling Chrome, thinking some setting got messed up.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 10 of 66

Shelleigh wrote:

Did you ever figure this out? I'm having the same problem but I'm using Chrome on a PC. It works on my husbands laptop but not mine... I even tried reinstalling Chrome, thinking some setting got messed up.

What type of connection, wifi or ethernet?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Visitor

Message 11 of 66

WIN 7 with Chrome - stuck on "Now connecting to your entertainment experience" for weeks - no idea how to resolve.  Can do mail but not stream.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 12 of 66

mot5walls wrote:

WIN 7 with Chrome - stuck on "Now connecting to your entertainment experience" for weeks - no idea how to resolve.  Can do mail but not stream.

Please try a different browser (Firefox, Safari, Edge, and etc.) to see if those work. It will help diagnosing if the issue is with your account or with your browser settings.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 13 of 66

I have the same problem for weeks. Tried Chrome, Explorer and Edge, Nothing works! This servoce is why I renewed for 2 years. Is this bait and switch?

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 14 of 66

Same exact issue. Have problem solved everything and it is not my computer.  Loads plerfectly on ipad app...it is just  PC (Windows 10) that is hanging when loading 'my experience'. Not an experience I want to have!!!

Began at beginning of  April.  Have used this site daily since before it was changed to this new experience--which leaves quite a bit to be desired when working properly.  

I have reinstalled all browsers...same issue on every browser...Chrome IE Firefox Edge...have checked all security settings on all browsers and Windows 10...have reinstalled Flash where needed and checked all flash settings on all broswers...flash works fine on other sites just not xfinity...this is NOT at my end...HELP COMCAST JOE, BOB, TOM....ANYONE!!!

Posted by
Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 15 of 66

I'm stuck too. Started when I tried logging on to watch Monday night.

I put the app on my phone and it's fine. Same with my ipad.

Computer just hangs here in any browser I've tried. Help!

Posted by
Visitor

Message 16 of 66

You need to enable flash (I just did using the latest version of Chrome).  All major browsers (if up to date) now block flash by default. Instructions on how to enable flash (only for comcast, not for every site you visit) can be easily found on google.  Good luck y'all.

Flash is dead and soon to be buried... now comcast just needs to redesign their site in HTML5, along with many other major companies (hurry up guys, you can afford it).

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 17 of 66

akkbar wrote:

You need to enable flash (I just did using the latest version of Chrome).  All major browsers (if up to date) now block flash by default. 

akkbar wrote:

You need to enable flash

Pandafan wrote:

...have reinstalled Flash where needed and checked all flash settings on all broswers...flash works fine on other sites just not xfinity...

Beyond unhelpful; pretty clearly didn't browse the forum or even read through this thread before posting in it. >:\ Forum etiquette, dude, c'mon. More has been said than just the first, three-month old post. Enabling/fixing flash is one of the first fixes any of us have tried. Please see the very second post above yours, when this old thread was bumped up by pandafan in the first place, listing all the fixes they have already tried this week, which includes thoroughly troubleshooting flash

Flash is set to "always run on this site" and currently running, and works just fine on other sites even when just set to "ask before running". We have all updated and restarted our browsers, versions of flash, OS if applicable, emptied our cookies and caches, checked browser and system security settings for cookies and firewalls, and thoroughly picked our noses, and surprise surprise, nothing is working, like we keep saying. This is clearly not a user-end problem, and certainly not one that ~checking if it's on~ over and over or updating to the same version six times in a row is going to help. Please read the posts in this thread, and the multiple other threads on this topic that have all been bumped within the last two days, with details on our problem, our platform and browser specifications, and the various different fixes we have all already tried many times over. Multiple people have been having this problem since at least this past October; this far into the problem I highly doubt, if something as simple as turning flash on was the fix for all of us having this issue, that nobody would have figured that out in that time. None of those threads have actually been resolved, even with more involved attempts at fixing it (like fiddling with DNS settings or examining individual javascript files), that's why people are bumping them and making new threads with detailed information about the resurgence/continuance of this problem now. So people can read them, and see what already hasn't worked.

In addition, flash has had at least five major updates since this issue originally started. The release notes overlap a bit but from what I can discern, version 19 came out months before it looks like people began posting about the issue, and version 20 wasn't released until many more months afterwards, so there is no way to draw a correlation to the start of the problem. Version 25 has been out for three and a half weeks now, so it has no reason to have suddenly started these problems for those of us who only started having them a week ago. So, not only does it not look like it even could be related, but even if it was, it seems highly unlikely that such a severe bug like this-- in that it completely prevents any use of a major company's entire, pay-to-use website, for many different people over the course of months-- with no explanation or workaround, would continue for more than a full six months and through at least five full updates without being fixed or even acknowledged by Adobe. What sounds like your settings still being on default aside, this issue is consistently not related for other people, and is almost certainly only a Comcast problem, not a flash one.

Regardless of whether flash is the cause or not, though, Comcast does need to ditch that broken, risky, garbage software and quite literally get with the program, you are right about that. 

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 18 of 66

I'm so sorry you all are having trouble and truly apologize. Neither the engineering team nor I are able to recreate the problem you are experiencing so I'm reaching out for some help from you. I realize it is unorthadox and a total pain in the (you know what), but hoping one or more of you can help by pulling some fairly obscure info from your system(s).

The current hypothesis is that something may be bad with the CDN (Content Delivery Network) configuration in certain markets which could explain why it is working for most customers but not some (there are millions of people watching video via the website despite how it may appear in the help forums).

OK, here's the request along with a step-by-step screenshot from our technical team:

1. Open the main menu
  2. Select "More Tools" > "Developer Tools"
  3. In the panel that appears, select the "Network" tab
  4. Filter for "elements.js"
  5. Look for the "Via" response (step 5 in the image) and copy/paste either here or as a direct message to me (whatever you're most comfortable with)

I completely appreciate that you pay use lots of $$ each month for a service which you're having trouble with and now I am asking you to do additional work to solve a problem that shouldn't exist in the first place. If at least one of you is willing to do this, it should help better understand what's causing the issue (since we can't recreate it ourselves).

Best,
ComcastDan

elements_js.png

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 19 of 66

I will try this, but what page should I do it from?  Can't get to the one your on in the screen shot.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 20 of 66

Cigarster wrote:

I will try this, but what page should I do it from?  Can't get to the one your on in the screen shot.

Thank you!   The "Now connecting..." endless loop screen where you get stuck would be best.

Again, my personal apologies to everyone impacted and appreciate your assistance.

-ComcastDan

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Visitor

Message 21 of 66

Followed your steps. Got the bellow failure. 

The webpage at https://tv.xfinity.com/elements.js might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

ERR_CONTENT_DECODING_FAILED

Some information from debug

1. Request URL:
    2. Request Method:
      GET
    3. Status Code:
      200 OK (from disk cache)
    4. Remote Address:
      69.252.22.14:443
    5. Referrer Policy:
      no-referrer-when-downgrade
  1. Response Headers
    1. Age:
    2. Cache-Control:
      max-age=1800
    3. Content-Encoding:
      gzip
    4. Content-Length:
    5. Content-Type:
      application/javascript; charset=utf-8
    6. Date:
      Mon, 10 Apr 2017 23:47:06 GMT
    7. Etag:
      "58d1579a-210c16"
    8. Expires:
      Tue, 11 Apr 2017 00:17:01 GMT
    9. Last-Modified:
      Tue, 21 Mar 2017 16:40:58 GMT
    10. Server:
      ATS/6.2.1
    11. Vary:
      Accept-Encoding
    12. Via:
      http/1.1 odol-atsec-ind-04.olathe.ks.indepen.comcast.net (ApacheTrafficServer/6.2.1 [uIcRs f p eN:t cCNi p s ])
    13. Warning:
      110 Response is stale
    14. X-Content-Type-Options:
      nosniff
    15. X-Frame-Options:
      SAMEORIGIN
    16. X-Ua-Compatible:
      IE=edge,chrome=1
    17. X-Vcap-Request-Id:
      e1dfd909-0bbc-42eb-46fc-82128d467cff
    18. X-Xss-Protection:
      1; mode=block
  2. Request Headers
    1. Provisional headers are shown
    2. Referer:
    3. User-Agent:
      Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/57.0.2987.133 Safari/537.36
Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 22 of 66

I tried to send the screen shot, but it won't paste.  But this is all I get in the console:   elements.js Failed to load resource: net::ERR_CONTENT_DECODING_FAILED

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 23 of 66

msimpson13 wrote:

Followed your steps. Got the bellow failure. 

The webpage at https://tv.xfinity.com/elements.js might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

ERR_CONTENT_DECODING_FAILED

Some information from debug

1. Request URL:
    2. Request Method:
      GET
    3. Status Code:
      200 OK (from disk cache)
    4. Remote Address:
      69.252.22.14:443
    5. Referrer Policy:
      no-referrer-when-downgrade
  1. Response Headers
    1. Age:
    2. Cache-Control:
      max-age=1800
    3. Content-Encoding:
      gzip
    4. Content-Length:
    5. Content-Type:
    6. Date:
      Mon, 10 Apr 2017 23:47:06 GMT
    7. Etag:
      "58d1579a-210c16"
    8. Expires:
      Tue, 11 Apr 2017 00:17:01 GMT
    9. Last-Modified:
    10. Server:
      ATS/6.2.1
    11. Vary:
      Accept-Encoding
    12. Via:
      http/1.1 odol-atsec-ind-04.olathe.ks.indepen.comcast.net (ApacheTrafficServer/6.2.1 [uIcRs f p eN:t cCNi p s ])
    13. Warning:
      110 Response is stale
      nosniff
    15. X-Frame-Options:
      SAMEORIGIN
    16. X-Ua-Compatible:
      IE=edge,chrome=1
    17. X-Vcap-Request-Id:
      e1dfd909-0bbc-42eb-46fc-82128d467cff
    18. X-Xss-Protection:
      1; mode=block
  2. Request Headers
    1. Provisional headers are shown
    2. Referer:
    3. User-Agent:
      Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/57.0.2987.133 Safari/537.36

If I understand the engineer's request properly, it isn't to go to tv.xfinity.com/elements.js.   You should follow the instructions after attempting to sign into https://tv.xfinity.com .  Then, if you get stuck on the loading screen, open the developer tool and confinue with the instructions.

Thanks,

ComcastDan

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 24 of 66

1. Age:
  2. Cache-Control:
    max-age=1800
  3. Content-Encoding:
    gzip
  4. Content-Length:
  5. Content-Type:
  6. Date:
    Tue, 11 Apr 2017 04:49:54 GMT
  7. Etag:
    "58d1579a-210c16"
  8. Expires:
    Tue, 11 Apr 2017 05:14:19 GMT
  9. Last-Modified:
  10. Server:
    ATS/6.2.1
  11. Vary:
    Accept-Encoding
  12. Via:
    http/1.1 odol-atsec-sea-20.seattle.wa.seattle.comcast.net (ApacheTrafficServer/6.2.1 [uIcRs f p eN:t cCNi p s ])
  13. Warning:
    110 Response is stale
    nosniff
  15. X-Frame-Options:
    SAMEORIGIN
  16. X-Ua-Compatible:
    IE=edge,chrome=1
  17. X-Vcap-Request-Id:
    3a69ac28-1e29-47b5-7c79-4b6b8dc9f16f
  18. X-Xss-Protection:
    1; mode=block
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 25 of 66

Oddly enough, I went back and tried to figure out what I was doing wrong in getting the information from the screenshot and as soon as I figured it out...everything started working.

anyway, I did get the code you were looking for:

Via:
http/1.1 odol-atsmid-atl-12.d1stonemtn.ga.atlanta.comcast.net (ApacheTrafficServer/5.3.2 [uIcSsNfUpNeN:t cCSi pSs ]), http/1.1 odol-atsec-ind-01.independence.mo.indepen.comcast.net (ApacheTrafficServer/6.2.1 [uScRs f p eN:t cCHi p s ])
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 26 of 66

Okay, so just to clarify, I was able to recreate the problem while a stream was playing by clicking on the elements.js link in the screenshot above from Dan on the left hand side.  I closed out and then was stuck on the login screen again.  Clicked on the elements.js link again and it started working.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 27 of 66

It started with Chrome, but now all the browsers on my machine have the same problem (IE, Edge), of course this is a problem on the server, has been going on for a week, you don't even have a workaround, Comcast? Come on!

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 28 of 66

Maurgi wrote:

It started with Chrome, but now all the browsers on my machine have the same problem (IE, Edge), of course this is a problem on the server, has been going on for a week, you don't even have a workaround, Comcast? Come on!

Did u try the above?

"Okay, so just to clarify, I was able to recreate the problem while a stream was playing by clicking on the elements.js link in the screenshot above from Dan on the left hand side.  I closed out and then was stuck on the login screen again.  Clicked on the elements.js link again and it started working."

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 29 of 66
Posted by
Visitor

Message 30 of 66

OK Guys, I dont normally reply to strings like this but this was bugging me because I was having the issue too.  In a former life I was a tech dude so I feel pretty sad for the Comcast tech because I know it's not his fault some Dev probably snuck in some code and QA didnt pick up the regression ...but basically I think the issue is that, that js file https://tv.xfinity.com/elements.js was likely updated.  If your solution (your page) is calling for a reference to that it has loaded before (like a js file), most modern day browsers (This includes Chrome and IE) will try to retain cached copies of it for faster load times and less impact to the back end server (Client side coding) . 

• In your in chrome settings delete your history (Either "From the beginning of time" or From when you last remember the xfinity tv page working)  youll then want to
  • kill any running sessions of chrome in your task manager - I always
    • use the "Processes" tab in task manager then
    • sort alphabetically, look for any chrome.exe processes and end task -
  • Restart Chrome,  (sorry mac guys no clue what that is on a mac) when you do that, at least for me anyway, then '
  • navigate to https://tv.xfinity.com
  • it should ask you to log in again and register your PC.as if you had never been there before and becasue of this your browser should redownload any dependant scripts or styles it needs for this page that should probably migrate to HTLM 5 

I had this issue before with one of my sites I manage 

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 31 of 66

Okay, SO! After giving up and avoiding the problem for a few days, I just tried it again now to get the bit of script that Dan requested, and, like Cigarster experienced, it seems to have Magically Fixed Itself, at least for me, for now! Bless, I can finally watch my darn TV  properly again. That said- and yes, I will complain about absolutely anything- I'm almost more irritated that it fixed itself without actually being fixed; we still don't even know why it wasn't working, or what fixed it, so we can't prevent it from happening again, or fix it when it does (and I'm sure that it will, as this issue has already been recurring for other people for months). I did notice that flash had updated when I opened my computer, but I hadn't installed the update yet before the tv.xfinity site began working again. 

I don't know if this will be helpful since it is working now, but I did still follow the above instructions and the via response I got was this: 

Via:
http/1.1 odol-atsmid-den-10.aurora.co.denver.comcast.net (ApacheTrafficServer/5.3.2 [uIcHs f p eN:t cCNi p s ]), http/1.1 odol-atsec-sea-13.burien.wa.seattle.comcast.net (ApacheTrafficServer/6.2.1 [uScRs f p eN:t cCHi p s ])

I can try and break it again, like Cigarster did, to get the script from the stuck screen, if that might help with an actual fix for the issue! 

--
EDITED TO ADD: I just now saw Dan's reply to me on another post >here< saying that he tried an internal fix for my problem by resetting my devices; wondering if this is indeed what finally fixed the issue for me! Maybe try and test this fix for others having the issue, and if it does seem to be confirmed for our solution, is there a way to reset everyone's devices, or does it have to be requested by each user individually? I don't think that would hurt anyone who isn't having problems, but I don't know on how large of a scale those tools can really be used. Dan did say millions of users were still streaming. 
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 32 of 66
Solution

Hi all,

We think the elements.js file was corrupted or otherwise unreachable on some of our edge servers (content delivery network servers).  That made it hard to troubleshoot because it wasn't impacting us here in Philadelphia... but, with the help from several of you, I think/hope/pray that the info you provided was enough of a smoking gun to identify the issue. The engineering team flushed the file off the servers (which removes it from the cache and causes it to reload). 

It sounds like several of you are back up and running. Please post here if you're still having issues and I can try "deprovisioning" your device which may help get it unstuck.

Again, thank you for your assistance and sorry for the trouble!

Best,

ComcastDan

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Visitor

Message 33 of 66

Hello, Mine has been stuck for two days. If you could try the "deprovisioning" on my device i would greatly appreciate that.

Thank you.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 34 of 66
Mine has always been stuck on the same screen for two days. I have did everything you mentioned above and still nothing . I got the same code as someone above me . Can you please help 😭 Maybe try that resetting device thing. Thank you !
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 35 of 66

BallweberB wrote:

Hello, Mine has been stuck for two days. If you could try the "deprovisioning" on my device i would greatly appreciate that.

Thank you.

Done. Please report back if it resolved your problem.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 36 of 66

Tdgvalkeries wrote:
Mine has always been stuck on the same screen for two days. I have did everything you mentioned above and still nothing . I got the same code as someone above me . Can you please help 😭 Maybe try that resetting device thing. Thank you !

Done. Please report back if it resolved your problem.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 37 of 66

Reset my devices as well... still not fixed for me

Posted by
Visitor

Message 38 of 66
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 39 of 66

Anjole wrote:

Me too, @ComcastDan! Thanks.

Done.  For you and Epoch1. Please report back if it actually solved anything.  Thanks and sorry!

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Visitor

Message 40 of 66

Thanks, but it hasn't fixed the issue. What else can we do?

Posted by
Visitor

Message 41 of 66

Mine is still stuck on that screen. Help?

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 42 of 66
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 43 of 66

Are the above people that are still having problems actually following the instructions from Dan above from the screenshot post?  If so, please post the code that he asked for.  I know Epoch1 did already.  For me, Win 10 installed an update yesterday and did a reset.  Went back to not working, did they same thing I posted above and started working again.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 44 of 66

I have a chromebook and I am having the same issue as everyone else... I have been following the steps that I can- clearning history & cache etc... I don't see how to do what is in the screen shot on a chrome book...

I just want to finish watching Homeland!

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 45 of 66

bhammes wrote:

I have a chromebook and I am having the same issue as everyone else... I have been following the steps that I can- clearning history & cache etc... I don't see how to do what is in the screen shot on a chrome book...

I just want to finish watching Homeland!

haha...i feel ur pain brother/sister...do u see the 3 vertical dots next to the address bar?  I'm using chrome as my browser, so I would think u should see them.  If you can, I can post a more discript "how to" to get the results.  When I first got to the dev tools it did not look at all like Dan's screen shot.  I am not super tech savy, so it toook me some time to figure it out as well.  If you can't get to the dev tools, I'm not sure what to do b/c I don't have a chromebook to test on.

Everytime I do it it breaks it, reload and still broken, do again and works.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 46 of 66

Okay- found developer tools- uploading what mine said in the Via section... going to maybe see if I can get it to work now... fingers crossed!

Screenshot 2017-04-14 at 11.13.56 PM.png
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 47 of 66

bhammes wrote:

Okay- found developer tools- uploading what mine said in the Via section... going to maybe see if I can get it to work now... fingers crossed!

Thank you for getting that info!

Please try clearing your browser cache files and retry. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Visitor

Message 48 of 66

No it didnt do anything it's still stuck. heres myy code

1. Via:
Posted by
Visitor

Message 49 of 66
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 50 of 66

Everyone experiencing this issue, please try to delete your browser "cached files" and retry. That seems to be working for most.

-ComcastDan

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.