Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Science Channel and DVR|Guide Issues

New Poster

Science Channel and DVR|Guide Issues

The science channel(110, 872) keeps stating that "The Unexplained Files" season 2 is new on Tuesday, with another new episode tonight Tuesday at 10pm.

The channel guide does not reflect this, and my DVR does not also recognize it.  I have deleted and rescheduled the dvr several times but it still does not show up in the schedule.  This show apparently premiered on July 29th.  No episodes(2 or 3 now) have recorded.

Any idea what is going on?

Official Employee

Re: Science Channel and DVR|Guide Issues

It's actually new episodes on the Discovery Channel on Thursday, the repeats of a Season 1 are on the Science Channel. Check your recording options because if you are trying to record "new" episodes on the Science Channel that's probably why they aren't showing up.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Comcast Andrew.  I have tried to set it up on DSC and SCI separately.  The commercial airing several times on SCI today indicated that it is a new episode, "Peruvian Skull and Baltic UFO" which is definitely not a Season 1 episodes on DSC.  Supposedly this episode is airing tonight at 10pm EST on SCI.  The Xfinity channel guide shows a repeat tonight at 10pm EST from season 1 on SCI.  The Science Channel link below clearly indicates this is season 2.  With the 2nd episode airing tonight.

http://www.sciencechannel.com/tv-shows/the-unexplained-files/season-2-episodes.htm

3 totaly new season 2 episodes are listed there with tonights episode being S2Ep2.

I do have a recording set up for DSC on 8/16 that the DVR caught for S2Ep1 - Exorcist and Elk.  This supposedly aired on 7/29 on SCI.  It is available OnDemand in the "other episodes" section. 

There is clearly a glitch in the Channel Listing Guide, and the DVR software that references it for recording purposes.  Please advise.

Official Employee

Sorry I don't know what to tell you. Either the guide is wrong or their website is. Tonight science channel is all reruns.

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Official Employee

I just saw the commercial you were talking about, I will send it up the ladder tomorrow, any idea if anything else on Science is wrong?

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

Andrew, no idea about other potential issues on Science though I would imagine if it a software issue in the channel feed|guide the problem will replicate on other channels eventually.    I do appreciate you looking into it, acknowledging it,  and passing the issue along. 

I see glitches in the DVR from time to time regarding show's that it marks as new that are not.  Most of the time they resolve themselves, sometimes they do not.  This used to happen when I was a Verizon customer as well.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation