Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Scheduled recordings on Xfinity tv website not agreeing with physical DVR Sched

Contributor

Scheduled recordings on Xfinity tv website not agreeing with physical DVR Sched

I use the https://xtv.comcast.net website and only see 1 show recording today.

My physical DVR and http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/mytv/dvr?cid=customer DVR manager online, show 9 shows recording today, which is correct.

Why is the xtv website only showing the one? Also, the xtv website shows one show i recorded 9/27 (Quantico) and i even showed it recording last night on my physical dvr, and today, IT shows are recorded on my XTV website, but is NOT listed anywhere on the physical DVR, i use X1 with one hub and 4 clients, what gives?  I used the SYNC DVR util on the dvr and also restarted many units,, ideas?

cj

Problem Solver

Re: Scheduled recordings on Xfinity tv website not agreeing with physical DVR Sched

I don't have an answer for why you have a recording mismatch, and I doubt Comcast will give you one either, since I asked this same thing last month.  See this thread: X1 Cloud DVR Recording Problems and Recording Schedule Mismatches

My only suggestion to you is to look at your recording schedule on the physical DVR (not using the website), and see if any of the shows that are not showing up on the XTV website are marked "Not available for mobile viewing".  If so, cancel the recording on the physical DVR and then reschedule it using the physical DVR.

I had a similar problem with "Quantico" last night.  I had scheduled it to record, yet before the recording took place, it was not showing up on the XTV recording schedule.  When I checked it on the DVR, it showed the "Not available for mobile viewing" message, so I canceled the recording, then rescheduled.  It then showed up on the XTV schedule and recorded later that night.  I had a couple of other shows that didn't have the "Not available for mobile viewing" message but still weren't showing up on the XTV schedule, so I still cancelled then rescheduled and then they showed up on the XTV schedule.

LIke I said though, I have seen this problem a few times in the past, and Comcast has yet to inform me as to why it happens.  Everything works fine for awhile, then this problem shows up again.

Contributor

Re: Scheduled recordings on Xfinity tv website not agreeing with physical DVR Sched

Thank you. I will give that a try!

Problem Solver

ceejaay1 wrote:

Thank you. I will give that a try!

If and when you give it a try, and you find that canceling and rescheduling a recording on the DVR allows the scheduled recording to show on the XTV website, document your experience to this forum post.  Maybe someone from Comcast will see this and figure out why this keeps happening.

I talked to someone in tier 2 support and they had no clue why this happens.  I was told once that maybe the copy protection flag was set wrong by the broadcaster.  That wouldn't explain why canceling and rescheduling fixes the issue.

Problem Solver

I just noticed that tonight's scheduled recordings for both "Gotham S2|Ep2" and "Blindspot S1|Ep2" are missing from the XTV schedule.  I had to reschedule them both to get them to show on XTV portal.

Why the problems Comcast?

Frequent Visitor

I tried that fix.  I cancelled everything that showed up saying "not available for mobile viewing' and I rescheduled it.  I'm having the same problem as before.  STILL on cbs.  I can watch the right show on my physical dvr, but when I try watching it online or through the xfinity tv app as a recorded show, something from WTTW comes on instead.  This is really aggravating. 

edited to add:  my CBS time frame is recording the show that's on PBS at that time instead.  Could there be a typo in the code?

Problem Solver

Send a Private Message to 

kre8moosik wrote:

I tried that fix.  I cancelled everything that showed up saying "not available for mobile viewing' and I rescheduled it.  I'm having the same problem as before.  STILL on cbs.  I can watch the right show on my physical dvr, but when I try watching it online or through the xfinity tv app as a recorded show, something from WTTW comes on instead.  This is really aggravating. 

Frequent Visitor

Thanks for your previous suggestions!  I sent a PM to ComcastChad.  I hope he can get this worked out.

Cheers!

Frequent Visitor

Just wondering, will ComcastChad reply when he looks into it?  I haven't received any response by ComcastChad or anyone else to my inquiries about this issue.  

Problem Solver

That's up to him.  Sorry, I wish I could tell you more. It can be very frustrating dealing with Comcast.

You could also try the X1 support #  1-877-896-8678.  Tell whoever you talk to that you want your issue escalated to a higher support tier.

kre8moosik wrote:

Just wondering, will ComcastChad reply when he looks into it?  I haven't received any response by ComcastChad or anyone else to my inquiries about this issue.  

Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation