Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Safari problem: "Please clear your browser's cache"

New Poster

Safari problem: "Please clear your browser's cache"

When using the tv.xfinity.com site or xfinity.com/stream I see the following message:  "Sorry, we're having some trouble. Please clear your browser's cache and then refresh this page."  I have repeatedly cleared Safari cache, restarted the modem, restarted Safari, restarted the Mac, etc., etc., with no fix. How is this resolved?

New Poster

Re: Safari problem: "Please clear your browser's cache"

Namaskar!

I am experiencing the same issue with Safari!  I have cleaned out all of my stored cookies & files including saved password information to no avail.  I am still receiving the message and sady cannot view any of Xfinity's programs.  I hope that this is soon resolved for I cannot delete anymore temporary files to fix this myself.  You are not alone. 

New Poster

Re: Safari problem: "Please clear your browser's cache" using Xfinity Stream

This is a new problem.  All they tell you to do is use a different browser.  Fix it comcast.  Safari is a legit browser

New Poster

I have the same problem except I use Chrome and have been going round and round with tech support for three weeks now.  The initially insisted it was an issue with my browser until I pointed out I could stream from the for you recently recorded webpage fine but not from the saved recordings webpage.  I updated the browser and it still was the same issue.  Then they tried to tell me it was my modem (I don't rent theirs I own my own)   They escalated my ticket to the highest level three tech support who after four more calls who told me it was an issue with my internet service signal being weak and a technician visit would be needed. He came today and found no issue with my internet and so he called in and a woman read him some memo about there being a "known issue" with the streaming portal and that until they resolved it you could not watch your DVR recordings over the internet, he then hung up his phone and apologized because there was nothing he could do and he left. I am just really tired of my time being wasted, being lied to and paying for service I cannot use. All I want is what you promised me I could have when I signed this two year contract.  They seem to have broken their streaming portal trying to comply with the courts order they stop infringing on Tivo's patents and just aren't willing to confess that is the issue. https://www.reuters.com/article/us-tivo-comcast-lawsuit/tivo-hits-comcast-with-new-round-of-patent-l...

New Poster

Safari and Chrome no longer worked for me. If I use FIREFOX I can get streaming.  Finally.

New Poster

It has not worked on any desktop for over a month, even after clearing cache.  I tried safari and chrome.  I also tried Clear your cache and cookies, and try to access the xfinity.com site again. If this isn’t successful, please try to access the page by visiting: http://76.96.54.12.

Fix it comcast

Valued Contributor

You need Adobe Flash to view the XFinity Stream site - did you install/update Flash as well? 

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 7 in conversation