Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

SIMPLE SOLUTION FOR COMCAST INVOLVING ERROR CODE 11700

New Poster

SIMPLE SOLUTION FOR COMCAST INVOLVING ERROR CODE 11700

Oh Comcast... why do you ignore the cries of the masses and continue to let this error code 11700 plague your tech support lines?!?!? If you want to offer a 'free' service like the Xfinity website, why not ensure it runs? Since, I, like numerous others have had to deal with error code repeatedly, having spent well over 10 hours on the phone/web with your tech support people trying to get the code resovled more than a few times, I have a simple solution to offer you. Instead of having your website coded to count the number of devices that have connected to it over a set period of time then locking the account out... code it to limit the number of active connections allowed at a single time. It's so simple, right? I've been locked out of this 'free' service multiple times and I have never used any device BUT my laptop, so why your site counts that as multiple devices, I'll never know. Either way, the service you offer for 'free' is actually costing your customers and in the long run your company. Resolve the real issue, your site... stop bandaiding us.

Problem Solver

Re: SIMPLE SOLUTION FOR COMCAST INVOLVING ERROR CODE 11700

Or, just provide a link on the users account to manage their own provisioned devices, instead of having to call in and explain to a CSR what the 11700 message even means.  When I have logged onto the XTV portal or use the Xfinity TV app it asks me to name my device, yet I cannot find anywhere a list of the devices I have used to access the portal or app.

New Poster

https://device.comcast.net/devices

This is where they have access to the devices that attach to your TV GO and supposedly the Xfinity site, but as you can see when you sign in with your account there, it does not list laptops or other devices viewing the website. It because they have a hidden tracking system for the website usage that isn't coded correctly for access limitations. For being a free service offered to us to 'get the most out of our viewing experience' it sure doesn't offer much in the way of viewing anything other than a tech support chat window.

Problem Solver

I already knew about that website you mentioned, but like you said it doesn't list PC's, laptops, smartphones, or tablets used to connect to the XTV web portal or Xfinity TV app.  I have 2 PC's, 3 laptops, 1 smartphone, and 2 tablets all connected to the XTV portal, and not one of them shows up on the Device Manager website.  That was my point in stating why that info should be available to myself on my User Account info page, so I can manage it as I see fit.  What is the point of asking me to name my device if I can't see a list of what devices I have used?

New Poster

"What is the point of asking me to name my device if I can't see a list of what devices I have used?" <--- LOL Right!?!?! I use the same exact name on my devices every single time, always connect from the same places, but somehow I run out of devices because the site counts that single piece of equipment as a different one every single time? Sounds like a win to me. Really though, the most ridiculous part about it is the tech support. For my first ticket about this issue the tech support escalated my ticket as a "Deceased user" ticket. Comcast killed me to fix the problem. Awesome.

Official Employee

please see updated error code article to prevent this issue in the future: http://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/internet/xtv-website-errorcode-11700

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Problem Solver

I've never had to deal with the 11700 error myself, because I already allow my browser to set cookies.

However, that still doesn't answer the question of why I'm required to name my device, if I cannot see a list of my devices anyway, in order to allow ME to manage them.

ComcastChad wrote:
please see updated error code article to prevent this issue in the future: http://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/internet/xtv-website-errorcode-11700
New Poster

ComcastChad... so I actually installed a browser specifically for accessing the Xfinity site, so that I could leave it completely insecure with the keeping cookies and saving all that other offline data stuff, but I only access the one site. My reward for that was Comcast's system replicating my initial log in of the device 40 times and locking me out again. Why, I wonder, would it be so difficult for Comcast handle the website ever slightly so different in order to alleviate the issue entirely? If as I originally suggested, the website limited the number of active connections per account instead of keeping this hidden tracking of the number of devices that connects to it over infinity time, bam... problem solved. For good. No more wasted tech support time, no more wasted customer time. Probably 30%+ of your forum complaints would disappear. Be the hero, Chad... get this done.

Problem Solver

Hello Idcmmarsh,

Our Advanced Support Team is aware of this issue and is working on a resolution. Thank you for your patience as we work to resolve this.

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

I had the EXACT same problem, (for 3 weeks and 4 calls, an hour plus each call...) untill I spoke with ROMARE, an avanced tech support person who solved this problem in 15 minutes.  The other posts are actually right.. to many provisioned devices on your account.  This doesnt mean you actually have 25 computers, just that Comcast has registered your one or two computers more than they should. They need to clear out your devices on their end.  That WILL fix the problem.  However, you need to be clear, on the phone, with tech support about who you talk to.  An ADVANCED tech should be able to handle this.

Problem Solver

ComcastCrystal wrote:

Hello Idcmmarsh,

Our Advanced Support Team is aware of this issue and is working on a resolution. Thank you for your patience as we work to resolve this.

Problem Solver

ComcastCrystal appears to be inactive since 8/4/2016.  Either a long vacation, or no longer employed.  ??

Guess the advanced support team hasn't been able to advance on this issue.  

ciao, bj

Problem Solver

Yes, she must have given up. Just highlights how Comcast drops the ball on many of these issues.

Also, maybe the forums need to be updated as well to at least show that a Comcast forum member is no longer active.

Problem Solver

How true, maybe comcast should have an attendance/active list.  

So many participants be they "employees" or "experts" have become inactive and it's only noticed in cases like this.  Smiley Sad

ciao, b j

Regular Contributor

ComcastChad wrote:

This goes to show the quality of support.   Thanks for the dead ERROR 404 link.

These people are full of YOU KNOW WHAT!!!