Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

SHOWTIME and HBO will not play!!!!!!!!! Help

New Poster

SHOWTIME and HBO will not play!!!!!!!!! Help

I am trying to watch episodes on Showtime and HBO online, but after the ads all I see is the "play button" on the screen and I can't click it.  I am able to watch reg network TV shows however. I subscribe to Showtime and HBO and am able to watch their shows on my tv but not on xfinity online.  It is very frustrating.  I tried all of the troubleshooting, including uninstalling/reinstalling silverlight, deleting all internet files and restarting IE, restarting computer, etc.  It used to work but now doesn't, very strange.  I copied my computer info below. Please help!

My Zip Code:08043My Cable Provider:ComcastMy myDVR Manager Status:UnknownMy Set Top Box Names:UnknownMy Queue setup:FalseFacebook Queue Syncing:falseFacebook Connect:FalseMy public IP address:68.34.162.237My operating system:Windows - Windows NT 6.0My web browser:Explorer 9 - Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.0; Trident/5.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 5.0; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; .NET4.0C)My system typeesktop computer or other deviceMy Move player version:Not InstalledMy Silverlight version:4.0.60831.0My flash version:11.1 r102Javascript:enabled

Cookies:enabled

Silver Problem Solver

Re: SHOWTIME and HBO will not play!!!!!!!!! Help

clear cookies, clear cache.  Dont use IE9 try firefox.   If that does not work, click the tv tab top of this page, then click on my tv on the left on the bottom right of the screen you will see a wheel, there you can see how many devices you have authorized to view on line.  Try to delete them, then restart your pc then try it. 

Highlighted
New Poster

I tried the options on IE and it still didn't work. Downloaded Firefox and it worked first try. It used to work on IE and that is the browser I use.  How disappointing. Thanks for the help though, at least it works on Firefox for me.

Silver Problem Solver

please mark this thread as solved.   So you use firefox only to watch comcast videos.

Official Employee

richnelms wrote:

I tried the options on IE and it still didn't work. Downloaded Firefox and it worked first try. It used to work on IE and that is the browser I use.  How disappointing. Thanks for the help though, at least it works on Firefox for me.

Not all videos may be working on Internet Explorer 9 32-bit or 64-bit versions. Our team is currently working on this issue.

In the meantime, please use one of these browsers to watch videos:

Goggle Chrome 16

Safari 5.1

Firefox 10.0

If you are still having video issues, please create a new thread and I will further assit you.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon