Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Roku question about services

Regular Contributor

Roku question about services

Roku and downgrading.I have Prefferred package, 4 Rokus in my house and up until tommorrow I had the prefferred package, have it available  and it worked great on the Rokus.However I am having to downgrade to a locals package special with HBO.When I change my package will it mess up the Rokus ability to get our new package.I am asking this as I am returning extra boxes as soon as downgrade takes affect,but wondering if I should wait to see if Roku works as it is now except with new package..

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Roku question about services

They should still work, but will obviously be limited to just those package channels.

Also, be aware that the Roku app is in Beta testing and is currently free to use as long as you have both Internet and TV service from Comcast. Once it's considered ready for normal use, it will amost certainly be treated like a CableCard device. It will cost $9.95 - CableCard discount fee (about $2-3 at the moment.)

Official Employee

Re: Roku question about services

Hi andyat1217, thank you for reaching out and I can confirm that you will be able to get your new TV subscription with your Roku as long as you are a  XFINITY TV (Non-X1 or X1) and Internet customer; or an XFINITY Stream package customer or an XFINITY on Campus customer.

Thank you

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation