Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Roku Ultra - Xfinity Stream App & Home Network Verification (createDrmSession.403-102)

New Poster

Roku Ultra - Xfinity Stream App & Home Network Verification (createDrmSession.403-102)

Listen, Comcast. I love you, always have, through thick and thin. But can you please bring customers what they want - access to the content they pay for?

Here is my situation:

I don't do cable, but am paying for the 100mpbs down + relevant networks to stream. I want to watch college football.

Problem: WatchESPN servers are terrible, and the streams cut in and out, and jump around between beautiful and terrible quality.

Solution: Xfinity Stream App!

So, in my hunt to get this in beautiful HD on my new 65" Samsung 4k TV, I have discovered the following:

1. The Xfinity Stream App (for mobile devices) doesn't allow casting to any media devices. That is ridiculous, please enable this soon.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              
  2. There is a beta Xfinity Stream app on Roku, when I went to authroize I get the creatDrmSession.403-102 error saying I am not on my home wifi network, but I AM ON my network. After googling this issue, I called customer support. The very nice woman told me "You're going to be frustrated, but since you have your own modem, it won't work. You have to have Comcast supplied equipment." WHAT THE HECK? This is outright robbery. I'm sorry I don't want to pay you $135 a year to have your wireless gateway that re-enables the 2nd antenna with free "XfinityWifi" to anyone in the area, no matter how many times I disable it. I have the Netgear AC1750 DOCSIS 3.0 C6300 modem, which is better than the Comcast one anyway. This SHOULD NOT BE A REQUIREMENT to be able to stream on my Roku.

3. I decide to try and see if I can stream on my custom gaming rig I built (my regular home computer), and voila - I have access to all of my channels there in beautiful HD. So, my stupid circumvented solution is to login to Xfinity Steam on Google Chrome, stream ESPN/ESPN2 and then "Cast" that tab in full screen to my Google Chromecast that's connected to my TV. I'm happy for a solution but this is just trash. I'm sorry to be rude here but why are you making it so hard to bring the content we want in the format we want? I will NEVER pay for cable again and this just makes me even more frustrated.

Is there going to be any updates on whether this will be changed to allow media streaming devices, specifically Roku, to stream Xfinity Live Channels without it being dependent on Comcast rented equipment?

EDIT:  I read the Roku Streaming FAQ provided by Comcast website, and NOWHERE does it say that Comcast provided modem / gateway is REQUIRED to stream from Roku. Can someone from Comcast support please comment on this?

Thanks for your time,

MH

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Roku Ultra - Xfinity Stream App & Home Network Verification (createDrmSession.403-102)

mhendrix85 wrote:

Listen, Comcast. I love you, always have, through thick and thin. But can you please bring customers what they want - access to the content they pay for?

Here is my situation:

I don't do cable, but am paying for the 100mpbs down + relevant networks to stream. I want to watch college football.

Problem: WatchESPN servers are terrible, and the streams cut in and out, and jump around between beautiful and terrible quality.

Solution: Xfinity Stream App!

So, in my hunt to get this in beautiful HD on my new 65" Samsung 4k TV, I have discovered the following:

1. The Xfinity Stream App (for mobile devices) doesn't allow casting to any media devices. That is ridiculous, please enable this soon.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              
  2. There is a beta Xfinity Stream app on Roku, when I went to authroize I get the creatDrmSession.403-102 error saying I am not on my home wifi network, but I AM ON my network. After googling this issue, I called customer support. The very nice woman told me "You're going to be frustrated, but since you have your own modem, it won't work. You have to have Comcast supplied equipment." WHAT THE HECK? This is outright robbery. I'm sorry I don't want to pay you $135 a year to have your wireless gateway that re-enables the 2nd antenna with free "XfinityWifi" to anyone in the area, no matter how many times I disable it. I have the Netgear AC1750 DOCSIS 3.0 C6300 modem, which is better than the Comcast one anyway. This SHOULD NOT BE A REQUIREMENT to be able to stream on my Roku.  
  3. I decide to try and see if I can stream on my custom gaming rig I built (my regular home computer), and voila - I have access to all of my channels there in beautiful HD. So, my stupid circumvented solution is to login to Xfinity Steam on Google Chrome, stream ESPN/ESPN2 and then "Cast" that tab in full screen to my Google Chromecast that's connected to my TV. I'm happy for a solution but this is just trash. I'm sorry to be rude here but why are you making it so hard to bring the content we want in the format we want? I will NEVER pay for cable again and this just makes me even more frustrated.

Is there going to be any updates on whether this will be changed to allow media streaming devices, specifically Roku, to stream Xfinity Live Channels without it being dependent on Comcast rented equipment?

EDIT:  I read the Roku Streaming FAQ provided by Comcast website, and NOWHERE does it say that Comcast provided modem / gateway is REQUIRED to stream from Roku. Can someone from Comcast support please comment on this?

Thanks for your time,

MH

The rep that told you "You have to have Comcast supplied equipment" was incorrect. If you can stream on your pc then your home network is setup fine. Your roku drm problem is a different issue that is very common but there's no real solution other than unplugging everything and re-starting. Search the streaming app forum for roku drm.

New Poster

Re: Roku Ultra - Xfinity Stream App & Home Network Verification (createDrmSession.403-102)

Thanks, I saw some posts about power cycling everything, I'll try that.

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation