Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Returned recordings are stuck on my device and cannot be watched, returned or deleted

New Poster

Returned recordings are stuck on my device and cannot be watched, returned or deleted

the Xfinity TV app was working great until recently (the last 2 weeks or so). I can still download my recordings without issue but when I finish watching them and press return, they are not actually being returned.  Once I click return, all of the options for that recording are gone. My downloads menu is empty, however in the recordings list the episodes still say they are downloaded to a mobile device.  I am not able to delete them because the system thinks they are checked out. when I click on them from the recordings list there are no buttons.

my DVR is getting very full because I have a bunch of recordings that I want to delete but can't.  Please help!

New Poster

Re: Returned recordings are stuck on my device and cannot be watched, returned or deleted

"Go to https://device.comcast.net/devices, and sign in with the "Primary account".  Only the "Primary account"  is allowed to remove devices.  Then go to the "X1 DVR Downloads" tab and find the device you want to remove, then click "REMOVE".

Check if the download is now returned."

New Poster

Re: Returned recordings are stuck on my device and cannot be watched, returned or deleted

That did not work. The device was only listed as a tv go download device not an X1 DVR download device. I removed it anyway and then tried to remove it from the manage device settings on the X1 tv app itself and I keep getting a connection error: 3305 (406)

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation