Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Regarding DVR Manager & Sylvania Flat Screen incompatibility with comcast remotes

Frequent Visitor

Regarding DVR Manager & Sylvania Flat Screen incompatibility with comcast remotes

I am wondering when DVR manager will be available in Charlottesville, VA. It was supposed to be available by the end of December 2012. It's now mid April 2013 - still no dvr manager in this area. Can Comcast keep it's customers updated as when it will be available with an ACCURATE date or for christs sakes remove the freaking ads on their website for features that haven't been available for quite some time?

Also for some reason my remote has NEVER worked for my Sylvania flat screen tv. I need both my tv remote to control turning my tv on and off and I have spoken to Sylvania, and comcast and each point the finger at each other for why the comcast remote isn't compatible with this particular tv. I have searched comcast support and neither of these issues have resolutions.

Why doesn't comcast do a better job of resolving these basic issues for a fairly expensive service subscription?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Regarding DVR Manager & Sylvania Flat Screen incompatibility with comcast rem

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-and-Equipment/New-Features-for-Scientific-Atlanta-Cisco-Cable...

For your tv, dont take this personally but your brand of TV is whats known as an off brand, meaning not one of the top brands, those are made of tons of different parts from all over china and who knows where else.  Those companies dont release the codes for the remotes so dont look for any support from comcast for that.  If you want a universal remote to work you need to get a learning remote like this.

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/universal-remotes

this will copy the IR out of the tv remote and rebroadcast it out. 

If you had a panasonic, samsung, sony, LG it would work but when you go down the westinghouse, sylvania, dynex route all bets are off. 

The opinions expressed by me on this forum are mine only as a customer. I do not work for comcast nor do I represent them in any way.First to ask questions about dvr manager in the cisco Sa market you should post here.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Regarding DVR Manager & Sylvania Flat Screen incompatibility with comcast rem

Ok on the remote but I don't see how my dvr manager situation wasn't addressed?

Silver Problem Solver

dvr manager is not available in all areas, nor is it available on all cable boxes.   the link I posted for you, you should read you can post there and ask when your area will get the functionality.  Personally for me I have never used it and have had it for years.  If you are the kind of person that is away from your home travelling and you see something and say wow I would love to record that and then you pull out your cell phone or tablet and set up a recording that is good for you.  That is who loves that service.  Me personally I have never had that happen to me in the 2 years I have the service.  If that is you then you will like it.  Post in the link I posted to ask comcast when you might get it.  All areas in the SA cisco market should get it in the next few months.

Frequent Visitor

Well that's great you have it -- but take your tongue and nose off comcast' bottom for one minute and consider comcast is running a business and that basically advertises to customers that they can do this wonderful thing and that wonderful thing but then neglects to mention that oh it's not available in all markets oh and further we don't know when or if it will ever be available in your area. So what comcast should so is based on the per user... i.e. a tiny bit of programming that could be added to the comcast website is to make it so the called "personal" account each of us holds that tracks oh so many things including what kind of freaking equipment each personal account has and the address of that person -- for cripes sakes DISCLUDE features that aren't available in an area or by that equipment so it doesn't appear like comcast is such an incompetent company. Gawd I have come to detest comcast in the 3 short years I have had it. I have formerly had DirecTV and Adelphia and even a "tiny" company like Shentel and yet only Comcast has the audacity to come up with excuse after excuse for their incompetence.

I am not angry at you -- just comcast for their crappy service.

Silver Problem Solver

post over in that other forum and see what they tell you about if its available to you.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation