Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Redicuclous ammount of ads.

Regular Visitor

Redicuclous ammount of ads.

I am getting real sick of having to watch 4 ads EVERY commercial break, for 5-6 breaks for ONE show. This is absolutely absurd. I am watching shows online because I wasnt to get AWAY from all the ads.

This is not even addressing the fact that you play the same small handful of ads OVER and OVER again. You should know that I, and many people that I know, specifically refuse to buy the products advertized in especially obnoctious commercials, or commercials that repeat over and over again. You aren't selling anything by forcing your online customers to watch these crude, annoying ads over and over again. Playing a commercial to the same viewer more than once in a day is COMPLETELY counterproductive. Who's your CEO anyways? They should be fired. I could do a better job; honestly.

You are NOT going to get anywhere by shoving ads down our throats. You REALLY want your ads to connect with consumers? Play ONE ad at the beginning of the show, then say that the rest of the show is presented commercial free by the same company.

If you continue to cram more and more commercials into my online shows, I, and others like me, will take our business somewhere else. I'm sick of you comcast donkeyholes acting like you're impervious to unsatisfied customers. You WONT be the only competetion forever. If you want to still be in business in 10 years you need to start working FOR the customer instead of trying to find out how much money you can shove in your pockets before you get caught. Screw you, comcast. Fix it, or lose money. Simple as that.

Regular Contributor

Re: Redicuclous ammount of ads.

Trust me, no one here is going to disagree with you but you're not going to get any love from the Comcast people. They're going to tell you that no matter how much you pay, advertisements are part of the package and used to help fund the service and shows.

That said, there should NOT be more commercials timewise if you watch a show through the streaming service than if you watched it on your TV on the networks channel.

Also if you read through a years worth of threads and posts here you will find a significant amount of people complaining about problems with commercials. Those problems include freezing and never continuing with the show you're watching,  replaying multiple times (some people have said up to 8 to 10 minutes) or a commercial finishes and instead of going to the next segment you get the message "You have just watched AbcXyz" and you can't watch the rest of the show.

The only way to avoid commercials is to wait for your show to come out on DVD and the get it from Netflix or something, then you can watch commercial free but otherwise watch on your TV or watch online commercials are just something you have to live with.

- Norm

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation