Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Recordings from DVR not showing in xfinity app

Regular Visitor

Recordings from DVR not showing in xfinity app

All of a sudden most of my recordings are not showing up in the app.  This started happening since I got a new X1 box.  

Regular Visitor

Re: Recordings from DVR not showing in xfinity app

Is this something new? I have been using the cloud for months...this was all of s sudden.
Service Expert

coycat wrote:
Is this something new? I have been using the cloud for months...this was all of s sudden.

If you previously had the cloud rate code and were able to watch recorded programs, then you have some other issue.

I compare my Xfinity TV app's recordings to my Xfinity TV web site's recordings to see if they match in number of recordings.  Sometimes, they are not a match but are withing one or two of each other.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

I am having the same issue, I recently swaped out my DVR (XG1-P with a XG1-A) and some of my recordings no longer show up in the app (any platform).  I have reached out to support several times, but without any success. Does anyone know of a solution I can try?

Regular Visitor

I went in to return my old box and talked with them,about it. The thing they told me to try is "refreshing" the box in the help section (just press A on your remote.) Once I did that the problem was resolved. That is what worked for me...hope it works for you!
Regular Visitor

Did refreshing the box work?
New Poster

Tried doing the refresh and it did not work. I have an open ticket (CR668125289) with tier 3, they said they need to escalate it to the "engineering team". If anyone from Comcast is looking, any help getting the correct visiblity on this ticket would be appreciated.

Official Employee

cg0789 wrote:

Tried doing the refresh and it did not work. I have an open ticket (CR668125289) with tier 3, they said they need to escalate it to the "engineering team". If anyone from Comcast is looking, any help getting the correct visiblity on this ticket would be appreciated.

I looked up your account and see what may be the problem. Your account shows 2 XG1 (main X1 boxes) as active but one has a friendly name of "remove me" which I suspect is the box that you swapped out. Unfortunately, I don't have the abiltity to make changes myself. 

Your Cloud DVR shows as having about 51 hours worth of programming recorded. The limit for Cloud is 60 hours while the limit for your physical DVR is 100+ Hours (500 GB which varies in how much that will record).  It is quite typical for there to be missing Cloud recordings if you are near full on your physical DVR (because the storage is more constrained). Are you seeing a large variance or just a few missing shows that may have been automatically deleted to make room for new shows to record?

Perhaps if you call and ask the agent to remove the old box from your account, the issue will resolve itself. You can also check your equipment in the My Account mobile app (not required but will help you confirm if you see what I'm seeing).

I hope this helps,

ComcastDan

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation