Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Recording a movie

New Poster

Recording a movie

I am a new X1 Premier Triple Play 260+ channels user.  Question:  When I record a movie that is on one of the many channels I get am I charged for the recording?  I notice with the "Xfinity" button on my remote control I also get many movies with many different categories.  When I click on a movie I get "ways to view" and some of those ways to view charge money$$$.  Yet the same movie may be playing on Cinemax, HBO etc. etc. and I can click on the same movie to record and I don't see any dollar $$$ signs for the same movie.  My question stands - am I charged?

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Recording a movie

pcmhennessy wrote:

I am a new X1 Premier Triple Play 260+ channels user.  Question:  When I record a movie that is on one of the many channels I get am I charged for the recording?  I notice with the "Xfinity" button on my remote control I also get many movies with many different categories.  When I click on a movie I get "ways to view" and some of those ways to view charge money$$$.  Yet the same movie may be playing on Cinemax, HBO etc. etc. and I can click on the same movie to record and I don't see any dollar $$$ signs for the same movie.  My question stands - am I charged?

You should not be charged for recording any show/movie on any channel included in your package. Also, I don't believe you can record a pay per view show, it kind of violates the whole pay per view notion.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation