New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Recorded programs out of sync between cable box and web app

ANSWERED
New Poster

Recorded programs out of sync between cable box and web app

My recorded programs don't match. There are some programs I can see on web app, xtv.comcast.net, but not on my cable box, and vice versa. How do I get them back in sync with each other?

Accepted Solution

Re: Recorded programs out of sync between cable box and web app

You don't.  Issues with the the Cloud DVR backend can cause recordings to not show up on the Cloud.  Issues with the DVR (power failure, etc) can cause physical DVR recordings to not show up on the DVR, but be available on the Cloud.  Once that happens, there is nothing you can do to put a recording from one to the other.

Scheduling errors also happen where the DVR program is marked "Not available for mobile viewing" causing that scheduled recording to never occur on the Cloud DVR, leaving a recording mismatch.

There are numerous threads on this forum with people having the same problems.

the_night wrote:

My recorded programs don't match. There are some programs I can see on web app, xtv.comcast.net, but not on my cable box, and vice versa. How do I get them back in sync with each other?

View answer in context
Problem Solver

You don't.  Issues with the the Cloud DVR backend can cause recordings to not show up on the Cloud.  Issues with the DVR (power failure, etc) can cause physical DVR recordings to not show up on the DVR, but be available on the Cloud.  Once that happens, there is nothing you can do to put a recording from one to the other.

Scheduling errors also happen where the DVR program is marked "Not available for mobile viewing" causing that scheduled recording to never occur on the Cloud DVR, leaving a recording mismatch.

There are numerous threads on this forum with people having the same problems.

the_night wrote:

Frequent Visitor

I had this problem upon returning from a prolonged vacation. A power failure and physical cable disconnect during a storm caused my DVR box to show 5% full with no vacation scheduled recordings available while my iPad app showed 75% full with all vacation scheduled programs available for viewing. After outside cable repair and multiple reboots and system refreshes and attempted synchs by Comcast, the problem persists. Is there a way to video cast these programs from my iPad to my TV ( perhaps with Apple TV) since neither I nor Comcast can synch the 2 DVR manager databases?

Problem Solver

The "2 DVR manager databases" can NEVER be forced to sync if they become different.

Not sure about Apple TV, but I can use a Chromecast device to stream the xtv.comcast.net web portal to my tv from my PC using the Chrome browser.

Frequent Visitor

Apple TV is not compatible with Xfinity TV app. Thank's for your input.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation