Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Recent recordings not working with X1 TV app

Frequent Visitor

Recent recordings not working with X1 TV app

X1 TV app (iPad) was working for me, but now I am unable to stream or "take to go" any recent recordings. Some older recordings seem to work, but nothing recent. With two of my recordings, I was able to start the "take to go" process, and they would get as far as 98% copied on one and 100% copied on the other, but get stuck before actually completing the process. All of my other recent recordings I can't even start the process of copying--when I hit "take to go" I get an error message about there being a problem with the manifest for the recording. If I try to stream any of those recordings I get a playback error. I've had occaisional problems like this in the past, but never with all of my recordings. I'm not sure if it's an app issue, an issue with the X1 box, or with the cloud. It doesn't seem like it would be an app issue, since older recordings work. Very frustrating, and I'm very much not happy about this.

Regular Contributor

Re: Recent recordings not working with X1 TV app

JavaJed,

Can you please private message me your user name and a few examples of some of the recordings? It's possible there were backend issues during the times those recordings were made. The apps and your DVR use different formats to playback recordings so that's why your DVR could work but not the XfinityTV app or website. 

Also, can you confirm the recordings do in fact work and playback on your DVR?

Thanks,

Matt

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Re: Recent recordings not working with X1 TV app

I sent you a private message as requested. Hopefully you can help. Thanks!

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation