Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Recent development: UE Boom wireless speaker no longer works with Xfinity streaming audio/video.

ANSWERED
Regular Visitor

Recent development: UE Boom wireless speaker no longer works with Xfinity streaming audio/video.

Until a couple of weeks ago I used my UE Boom bluetooth speaker with my Xfinity on-line streaming service without a problem. The bluetootth speaker worked as expected. Now the speaker no longer works. The speaker is paired with my laptop and works fine with other streaming websites, like Netflix, Sundance Now, YouTube. But not with Xfinity, or for that matter MLB.com, which points to a software issue. I wonder if those two content providers have recently overridden their support for bluetooth devices as a way of flexing their DRM muscle. Comcast/Xfinity was no help here. They guessed there was a configuartion setting somewhere in their web-based account settings that would enable bluetooth support. If so, I cannot find it. Any thoughts on this? Many thanks.

Accepted Solution

Re: Recent development: UE Boom wireless speaker no longer works with Xfinity streaming audio/video.

eddie_m wrote:

Until a couple of weeks ago I used my UE Boom bluetooth speaker with my Xfinity on-line streaming service without a problem. The bluetootth speaker worked as expected. Now the speaker no longer works. The speaker is paired with my laptop and works fine with other streaming websites, like Netflix, Sundance Now, YouTube. But not with Xfinity, or for that matter MLB.com, which points to a software issue. I wonder if those two content providers have recently overridden their support for bluetooth devices as a way of flexing their DRM muscle. Comcast/Xfinity was no help here. They guessed there was a configuartion setting somewhere in their web-based account settings that would enable bluetooth support. If so, I cannot find it. Any thoughts on this? Many thanks.

This is due to an adobe flash bug in the last release, use chrome browser to use BT speakers as chrome has its own internal version of flash which is not affected by bug

View answer in context
Highlighted
Problem Solver

Re: Recent development: UE Boom wireless speaker no longer works with Xfinity streaming audio/video.

eddie_m wrote:

This is due to an adobe flash bug in the last release, use chrome browser to use BT speakers as chrome has its own internal version of flash which is not affected by bug

Regular Visitor

Thanks, mvenanzi. Your solution worked. I appreciate your help with this.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation