Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Really laggy/choppy streaming service.

New Poster

Really laggy/choppy streaming service.

Hello, I recently moved from the mountain region to the pacific northwest. Since i've moved and have had service up where i am currently. The streaming service is complete and utter garbage. I have your 150 Mbps connection speed.

On my computer I run an i5 2500k, 16GB of GDDR 4, 2 Nvidia GTX 770's, 500 GB SSD.  So my hardware is fine. 

I've cleared the cached, defragged, updated chrome that i use. 

I would also like to add, Nvidia drivers stay up to date, because I use Nvidia Expierence that keeps them always updated.

All games i play work fine. Even other streaming services work fine. It's yalls services that isn't working.

What can you do or help me do to fix this misserable experience i'm having with your company?

Regular Visitor

Re: Really laggy/choppy streaming service.

I have to wonder if their streaming service is going through growing pains.  Ever since they've been offering the "enhanced" experience (whatever THAT is) I've experienced difficulties.  Went to watch Queen of the South online one day and the only version playing was in Spanish (even though it read as the English version).   Now I've got shows that start just fine the first time, quit part way through, and then won't stream.  We won't even go into how they decide the timing on what's available when and for how long.  Some things going up right away and are available for months, some for only a few days, and some take days to even become available, with no apparant rhyme or reason.

New Poster

Sooner or later, if they keep this crappy service up. Everyone will just switch to other online services and not bother with them. At least you can get HBO go with out any kind of service now.

Frequent Visitor

I'm having the same problem.  Up till a couple months ago, everything worked fine, now I cannot stream a recorded show using https://tv.xfinity.com/recordings  The shows stutter and are unuseable?  What gives Comcast?

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation