Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Real anywhere live tv viewing

New Poster

Real anywhere live tv viewing

Dish has a deal with Sling for the Hopper. They seem to be up with the new generation of viewers letting them watch live TV or programs  recorded on their DVR anywhere they may be, not just around the house. When is Comcast going to offfer something like SlingBox and let people watch their DVR anywhere they can connect to the internet?

Problem Solver

Re: Real anywhere live tv viewing

Sling is owned by the company that used to own and still has close ties to DISH so it makes it rather easy to combine the services.  You can still get a Slingbox separately and watch your Comcast stuff remotely in a similar fashion.

New Poster

Re: Real anywhere live tv viewing

I owned the original SlingBox when they first came out and love it. I have friends that use the Hopper with Dish and love that as well. The technology is there to allow Comcast users to access and view content on our DVR over the net. It would be nice to have something integrated like the Hopper and not have to buy the SlingBox and then rent another DVR for the house dedicated for the Sling. Makes me consider options next time my commitment ends with Comcast since having that kind of feature with cable would significantly increase my cost.
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation