Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Re: online tv

Frequent Visitor

Unable to view online TV and movies for about 3 or 4 days...The only viewable content is Hulu since these are archived for viewing all other networks and movie content I can't view - there is a streaming issue that ends up buffering and ends up w/ the same error main message "Sorry, we'ver experienced some diffifculty playing (note this space is the movie or tv show by title) Please refresh this page in your browser to continue where you left off. 900 I 106000

(REFRESH) ...at the bottom notes the streaming software being 'PRIMETIME_HLS: video+########## (notes the title code for any tv show or movie).

All of the ads plays and afterwards the content is buffering for a while and ends in the error message all of the viewiable clips and trailers can be watched...

So, I know full well this is not my end being my PC nor my owned cable modem and yes it is 1st generation of 100.0 mbps and has worked fine for years I had it and I will upgrade to 3.0 later on...but works fine...

I know that Primetime is from Adobe that is the parent streaming software for Comcast for some years...so why am I getting this buffering i.e. 'throttling' that is causing to either purposely delayed buffering and unable to watch online tv and movie content?!?

I have no other issues via online to watch other sources of streaming videos of anykind...I have no issues of watching Xfinity news video content that is streamed on the Homepage...

There is no cable channel issues to watch tv and movie networks...

I stress this is not on my end and don't need a tech to trouble shoot being my cable network as installed by Comcast so it appears on the Comcast end that has 'direct' effect on my content that needs to be looked at and remove any restrictions that is causing this so-called 'lagged' buffering that is preventing me to watch online content of Xifinty TV and movies but strange that Hulu is the only content that is having no issues at all??!!??

I await your response - sincerely,

John Baldwin

Regular Visitor

Same here.

Official Employee

Hi 

Thank you

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Frequent Visitor

Further research suggest this is a license issue w/ Adobe that when you try to reset it at their site that shows a live interactive window box w/ different folder tabs...the one that is opened is for the 'reset' as noted by another box that tells you that it is the 'content provider' being the ISP or network that needs to reset the user (customer) license in able to watch the protective content...

This would explain the problem that my license needs to be reset as current so I can watch online my favorite shows or movie...

I even went ahead an bought 3.0 compliant cable modem and still the very same problem of unable to view the tv networks and movies on Xfinity but I can watch the live content, archived hulu viewable content that has an agreement w/ tv networks, can watch all of the viewable clips and trailers...all of the annoying ads are played...

Comcast technical support had to place my problem at the highest level and have to wait a day or more to solve this issue and to see how to reset my license so I can view the content on Xfinity?

Frequent Visitor

(a) just for example I'll list one but FYI it is the same for all tv network and movies unless it is archived for hulu that has an agreement w/ the network to be viewed...TV Network ABC Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D

URL link have to leave out the (http://) xfinitytv.comcast.net/watch/Marvel-s-Agents-of-S.H.I.E.L.D./7558558443755737112/443961923661/S.O.S.-...

Error message after Loading Video is buffering then the ad plays and ends and then no play video that is showing a time of 0:01 mark out of the 43:00 minutes for the tv show.

Sorry, we’ve experienced some difficulty playing Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S2|E21 "S.O.S. (Part 1)".

Please refresh this page in your browser to continue where you left off.

900|106000

PRIMETIME_HLS : Video-443961923661

(b) there is no ad that is disrupting at all as these are played normally...

(c) when the ad video ends it just goes to the mode where it is noted that the video is loading and showing the 3 dots to show it is buffering then it goes to the play scroll line that would show time being 0:01 - there is no activity and later comes to the error message as I previously noted.

(d) Win 7 SP1 64 bit 

(e) Google Chrome

(f) It first started some days ago I will guess to be around the 13th of May in the afternoon mountain time but ever since then it does not matter when as it is the same across the board unless it is a archived tv show or movie that is on hulu that has an agreement w/ those providers...

I can watch Xfinty TV Live, all of the news videos that is streamed on the homepage, all of the ads plays...I can watch any other 3rd party streaming videos like YouTube etc.

Frequent Visitor

Hey Phill,

(a) just for example I'll list one but FYI it is the same for all tv network and movies unless it is archived for hulu that has an agreement w/ the network to be viewed...TV Network ABC Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D

URL link have to leave out the (http://) xfinitytv.comcast.net/watch/Marvel-s-Agents-of-S.H.I.E.L.D./7558558443755737112/443961923661/S.O.S.-...

Error message after Loading Video is buffering then the ad plays and ends and then no play video that is showing a time of 0:01 mark out of the 43:00 minutes for the tv show.

Sorry, we’ve experienced some difficulty playing Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S2|E21 "S.O.S. (Part 1)".

Please refresh this page in your browser to continue where you left off.

900|106000

PRIMETIME_HLS : Video-443961923661

(b) there is no ad that is disrupting at all as these are played normally...

(c) when the ad video ends it just goes to the mode where it is noted that the video is loading and showing the 3 dots to show it is buffering then it goes to the play scroll line that would show time being 0:01 - there is no activity and later comes to the error message as I previously noted.

(d) Win 7 SP1 64 bit 

(e) Google Chrome

(f) It first started some days ago I will guess to be around the 13th of May in the afternoon mountain time but ever since then it does not matter when as it is the same across the board unless it is a archived tv show or movie that is on hulu that has an agreement w/ those providers...

I can watch Xfinty TV Live, all of the news videos that is streamed on the homepage, all of the ads plays...I can watch any other 3rd party streaming videos like YouTube etc.

Official Employee

Hi 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Frequent Visitor

Hey Phil,

I am able to watch the content however the quality comes and goes including lag...the ads plays but have lag or delayed buffering...

I also believe the connection is when the construction crew that damaged the fiber cable junction hub in Westminster / Colorado last Thursday on the 14th and how that outage made huge outages across the board effecting the internet while the cable tv was not really affected and minor outages to effect both cable and internet was reported to be about 7% of people affected out of +/- 100k people not to mention the many other clients and networks on the business /commerical side.

I don't understand now to see low mbps downstream and normal mbps upstream???... since I had updated my cabel modem to be DOCSIS 3.0 compliant of getting 343 mbps w/ 8X4 channel bonding and it is a certified one for Comcast - before I have my DOCSIS 2.0 100 mbps as I know the max is at 42 mbps and wonder to go back to that one during these so-called 'throttling' sessions so I can get my 33+ mbps downstream on a 4X4 channel bonding that most ISPs are doing (and that includes Comcast) during peak hours while at late night it goes to normal speed tiers that customers are paying for...

I know that 'throttling' is a dirty word but the facts are out there and there are monitoring tools that we and other organizations can ultilize to see that in plain sight...

I and many folks don't like the idea bandwidth caps even as a pilot program is being conducted as other ISPs are on the same page to do the same...the arguments on that and 'throttling' during peak hours is unfounded and the FTC/FCC tends to agree it to be so...

Looks like this is a cable/internet/streaming wars being played out and also creating some kind of business model for unfounded policy(s)...

Big ISPs needs to care more about their customers and clientle than the ol' mighty dollar for profits and shareholders...

Many good people are employed as the ones who are to blame goes to the top people that are the decision makers...

Thanks Phil and to those that are doing their best to solve the issues 

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation