New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Re: Xfinity tv remote app - dvr

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

Hi, I am having the exact same issue with one of my DVR's.  I’ve called several times and they keep trying to send a signal to my box, but that is not working. I have also tried unplugging the box. They finally escalated my issue a few days ago and no one has called me back. I’m starting to get really frustrated. Any help you could give me would be greatly appreciate. Thank you

Accepted Solution

Hi ComcastJoe, I checked the app this morning and it appears to be fully functional with both DVR's.  rog286713 suggested that I switch "TV Control" to OFF, and then to ON again in the mytv/settings menu online from my computer, and when I tried it on Saturday it would give me an error message. I tried that very same thing yesterday and I got no error message, but the app was still not working. When I checked the app this morning I could finally see my recordings from the problem DVR and the full % is correct. I could also set a recording form the app. Everything seems to be great now. Thank you everyone for you help! I will let you know if for some reason it stops working again.

View answer in context
Tags (1)
Silver Problem Solver

what is the make and model of your dvr?   are you signing in with the primary users credentials?  does the xfinity tv app work for you on this dvr?   have you uninstalled the app and reinstalled and try again?

have you signed out of the app and back in and tried it.?

when you go here what does it say under manage cable boxes and dvrs

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/mytv/settings

Service Expert

The app will also work when signed in as a secondary account.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Thank you for replying. The DVR model is Motorola RNG200N. I actually have two of the same model hooked up at my house.  My issue is only with one of the DVR's though as the other DVR works great with the app. I am signing in with the primary users credentials, which are mine. With the problem DVR  I can change the channel with the remote app, but when I go to My Recordings on the remote app it says "Your DVR is 100% Full" when it is actually 24% full. I also can't set the problem DVR  to record a program from the app. I have uninstalled/reinstalled the app, signed back in, unplugged the DVR, and even unplugged my modem thinking that could be the problem. I've called customer service a few times and all they do is send some sort of signal to the box that doesn't do anything.   

When I go to manage cable boxes the problem DVR is labeled Downstairs(which I changed a week ago), TV Control is set to on, and when I click on "Show next 5 recordings" it says no recording were found(there should be some scheduled recording shown).

Thanks you for your help.

Silver Problem Solver

here are the last two things I know of that you can try.  Otherwise something is going to be wrong on comcasts end with those that dvr is on your account.

first go here.

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/mytv/settings

choose the problem cable box, turn tv control off then save, then try to send name to tv, now turn it back on and then try to send message tv save.  did that do anything??  If not this is the last thing.

Go to the cable box with the issue, go the box menu and to cable box set up, in there look for remote access set up select that and you will get an option to delete it.  Now once deleted go back to the above address and try to synch it.  If that does not work its on comcasts end.

Frequent Visitor

I tried to turn TV Control off and it is giving me an error message. Just says "were sorry but an unexpected error has occured". 

I went to the remote access set up in the cable box menu(I've actually done this before after reading someone else's post), and it is still acting like I need to activate the remote access, and doesn't give me the option to delete it. Just says log into my account to activate the DVR remote access, but that hasn't been working. My other DVR does give me the option to delete it and have deleted it once, and that DVR synced back up with no effect on the problem dvr.  Its weird since I can change the problem dvr's channel from the remote app, just can't record or see my recording.

I appreciate your help.

Official Employee

rcain13lg wrote:

I tried to turn TV Control off and it is giving me an error message. Just says "were sorry but an unexpected error has occured". 

I went to the remote access set up in the cable box menu(I've actually done this before after reading someone else's post), and it is still acting like I need to activate the remote access, and doesn't give me the option to delete it. Just says log into my account to activate the DVR remote access, but that hasn't been working. My other DVR does give me the option to delete it and have deleted it once, and that DVR synced back up with no effect on the problem dvr.  Its weird since I can change the problem dvr's channel from the remote app, just can't record or see my recording.

I appreciate your help.

Are your DVRs named? If so, which DVR is the one not working with the app?

If they are not named, name them here.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Frequent Visitor

Hi ComcastJoe, I checked the app this morning and it appears to be fully functional with both DVR's.  rog286713 suggested that I switch "TV Control" to OFF, and then to ON again in the mytv/settings menu online from my computer, and when I tried it on Saturday it would give me an error message. I tried that very same thing yesterday and I got no error message, but the app was still not working. When I checked the app this morning I could finally see my recordings from the problem DVR and the full % is correct. I could also set a recording form the app. Everything seems to be great now. Thank you everyone for you help! I will let you know if for some reason it stops working again.

Frequent Visitor

Quick correction from my last post. I just checked to see what TV Control was set to, and it is switched to off. Should I be concerned that everything is working when TV Control is switched off? I tried to turn TV Control on and it gave me an error message. Thanks again for your help.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation