Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Re: Xfinity TV app freezes and stutters

Regular Visitor

We are having this problem as well. On our iPads. We have attempted removing and reloading the apps on each device. Symptoms include stuttering, freezing and shutting down. And no, it’s not a WiFi issue. This happens when we have speeds on/around 250-300 Mbps.

Official Employee

Hi jlugo001, thank you for reaching out. Is this happening only on recordings and/or live tv?

Thank you

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

It happens whenever I am using the stream app

Official Employee

Thank you for the reply and is this only happening on your ipads or other devices as well? 

Thank you

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Regular Visitor

It happens to me too.  The Comcast employee was insisting that something was blocking the Wifi signal.  I tried to explain that I'm sitting four feet from the router, nothing is between us, and I was the only person at home.  She was insistent.  Interesting how it never happens with the Netflix app.  I think the Stream app just isn't a very good app.

Admin1

imasportsluvr -- We can help with your app issue as well. Did tech support open a support ticket for you already?

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Regular Visitor

There's a ticket open because of programs that are missing on my IOS devices that are on my home DVR.  Ken has been working with me on this.  Regarding my comments about the app freezing and stuttering, when I telephoned tech support, the agent told me it's because something is between me and my router (there isn't).  I'm just used to it now (and slightly annoyed).  I just don't understand how this can be possible when it only happens with the Stream app and not with Netflix, HBOGO, etc.  That tells me that it's an app issue and not a wifi issue.

Admin1

imasportsluvr -- Thanks for letting me know you've been working with Ken. I'll let him continue his assistance. Our support team will get this issue figured out so that the app will work properly. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

The Xfintity TV Go channels freeze up on my Windows 10 laptop after 10-15 min unless I am on my home wi-fi. I have tried several wi-fi networks and a 4G hotspot. My laptop freezezes in minutes and stays frozen. I can watch the exact same xfinity channels on my smart phone with no issues. 

I noticed a post on another forum that this issues was supposedly fixed? In point of fact it has gotten worse inthe past 4-6 weeks. The xfinity live channels freezing issue has gone from intermitent to constant. Making Xfinity live tv on my laptop useless. 

I am certain it is the xfinity app in Widows 10 because I am able to use the same laptop to stream from other providers,netflix, britbox etc with no issues and no freeze.

Seriuosly, what am I paying comcast for if they cant provide a service that works?

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation