Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Re: XFinity TV on my Samsung Tablet

New Poster

Please comcast as much as I pay per month for tv phone and internet I am disappointed  I can not watch movies or tv on my samsung galaxy tablet. PLEAS e fix this

Silver Problem Solver

did you not download the tv app and the player app from the android store?

New Poster

I am sure they did, but you can no longer stream or download movies to your portable device with this app.  It's been downgraded to a glorified remote.

Problem Solver

There's the Xfinity Player app for Android that allows you to watch (and even download) TV shows and movies.   There's even another separate one for Streampix.  So what's the actual problem?

Contributor

another op posted that there was no playnow and no download option in the app, so something is up.

Problem Solver

On the iphone you need to get a different app xfinity player to play now and the old app changed its name to xfinity remote control.

New Poster

I cannot view the tv either.  It told me it wasn not available  for Samsung.  Both my tablet and phone are Samsung.  I would love to be able to watch fre TV shows and free movies but I already pay over $200 a month to Comcast for TV, phone and internet. Not going to pay even more