Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Re: XFinity App stopped working

New Poster

My Xfinity Remote App also stopped working as did my HBO Go and Starz App. This is on an IPhone 5.  It says I don't have any eligible DVR's when I have 2, also claims I don't have HBO or Starz when I pay for both.  Xfinity hasn't been doing a very good job of policing their system for hacks.  Getting a little concerned.  Called customer service no help.  Am waiting for tech support to call me.  Not holding my breath.   LOL

New Poster

The DVR record button no longer shows under the TV listings. I have no way to remotely record my shows on my iPhone 6. I've deleted and reinstalled the app, rebooted my phone with no resolution.
Official Employee

LPTJJT wrote:

My Xfinity Remote App also stopped working as did my HBO Go and Starz App. This is on an IPhone 5.  It says I don't have any eligible DVR's when I have 2, also claims I don't have HBO or Starz when I pay for both.  Xfinity hasn't been doing a very good job of policing their system for hacks.  Getting a little concerned.  Called customer service no help.  Am waiting for tech support to call me.  Not holding my breath.   LOL

can you send me a private message with your account information, if you are in NJ this isssue is most likely due to a recent billign conversion.   Our teams are workign on resolving these issues. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee

BernieGiam wrote:
The DVR record button no longer shows under the TV listings. I have no way to remotely record my shows on my iPhone 6. I've deleted and reinstalled the app, rebooted my phone with no resolution.

Can you tell me what version of the app you are using?  did you recently update the app?

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

Hey ComcastChad! I too am having the same issue but on a new Samsung Tab S and App version is 1.6.5.068. Uninstalled and reinstalled, power cycled, and just about to re-cycle it in the garbage.  I have just spent well over 1 hour on the phone and no one knew anything about this issue. I am in Northern Virginia. 

Would you let me know what to do?

btw the most recent conversation that I've had was confirmation# CR4184166887 Shae. She was great and spent over 40 minutes and was still stumped. 

Frequent Visitor

I called in about this today too - occurred a few days ago. They had me uninstall and reinstall the app like others have said and it made no difference. Just keeps telling me the service is not available in my area. I mentioned the billing system conversion noted here for NJ and it did not seem to help - just got a bunch of scripted responses.

Official Employee

rlw516 wrote:

I called in about this today too - occurred a few days ago. They had me uninstall and reinstall the app like others have said and it made no difference. Just keeps telling me the service is not available in my area. I mentioned the billing system conversion noted here for NJ and it did not seem to help - just got a bunch of scripted responses.

It appears your account was impacted by the coversion, the rate codes fell off.   I will have someone contact you in the next 48 hours once its fixed.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Official Employee

anthonyjayc wrote:

Hey ComcastChad! I too am having the same issue but on a new Samsung Tab S and App version is 1.6.5.068. Uninstalled and reinstalled, power cycled, and just about to re-cycle it in the garbage.  I have just spent well over 1 hour on the phone and no one knew anything about this issue. I am in Northern Virginia. 

Would you let me know what to do?

btw the most recent conversation that I've had was confirmation# CR4184166887 Shae. She was great and spent over 40 minutes and was still stumped. 

What is your issue, are you getting the out of home message?

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Official Employee

BernieGiam wrote:

Are you able to set a recording the TV's in the house? Also, do you see this same issue online, can you try http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv-listings.   

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.