Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Re: Ridiculously Loud Commercials (web streaming)

New Poster

Unsatisfactory response. They're loud on EVERY channel. AMC, ABC, NBC, CBS, and every other channel. I don't have a remote and have to jump out of my seat to turn down the volume everytime to not wake up my roommate and/or neighbors.

I hate comcast.

New Poster

Re: Commercial Volume Increases Dramatically

Every channel, all the time...don't you watch Comcast OnDemand?!?!?! Maybe you would understand the customer experience and how to help them if you actually used the product.

New Poster

Re: Commercial Volume Increases Dramatically

None of the reasons you listed pertain to me. There is no specific time or channel. Every time commercials hit on any channel, the volume flies up and I have to jump out of my seat to adjust because my remote broke. Whatever the local team did, did not help.

Tell Jamie Foxx to stop yelling...Verizon commercial, Preacher commercial. I watch shows on a variety of channels with a variety of commercial content. ALL of it is loud...

Official Employee

Re: Ridiculously Loud Commercials (X1)

smoothj wrote:

Unsatisfactory response. They're loud on EVERY channel. AMC, ABC, NBC, CBS, and every other channel. I don't have a remote and have to jump out of my seat to turn down the volume everytime to not wake up my roommate and/or neighbors.

I hate comcast.

Apologies for the issue and the experience that you described above. I have asked that someone on our Pennsylvania team review your account and contact you directly so that we can get this issue identified and resolved. 

We can also get you a remote control for your cable boxes. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

i dont have a cable box. i was trying to reply to a post regarding ridiculously loud commercials when streaming from the xfinity website. I was specifically replying to a response to a previous question about loud commercials while streaming. I can't seem to find that question any longer.

When commercials come on, theyre too loud. I thought that was against the law. Do those laws not apply to the internet or streaming? My other streaming services don't do that. I've noticed many similar complaints dating back a couple years.

Where can I leave a review about this? I want other customers to know its not an issue with their computer/internet and it will likely not be fixed anytime soon. I also want to warn potential new customers that they can get almost everything they need from Hulu, spare a couple shows/channels, without having to worry about waking up everyone in the house every 7 minutes.

New Poster

And please do not try to sell me a cable box or a triple-play. There is a reason I dont have one.

Gold Problem Solver

You are posting in the wrong place... X1 cable TV service has nothing to do with Hulu.

In regards to TV, the "volume laws" you are talking about, they have serious loopholes.

HOWEVER, Comcast has little to no control over Hulu's volume and it has nothing to do with X1. I am not sure you are complaining to the right company. Funny but I have access to Hulu and I have never noticed this and I have a pretty sophisticated sound system.

Also, you may want to tell us about your sound system... Are you just using your TV's speakers? Do you have upgraded audio?

I am watching Hulu now and I will report back on this. Actually I am watching "Pretty Little Liars" on Hulu right now. A commercial came on and the volume was the same....

I think you need to provide more details if you want help with this.

smoothj wrote:

i dont have a cable box. i was trying to reply to a post regarding ridiculously loud commercials when streaming from the xfinity website. I was specifically replying to a response to a previous question that I can't seem to find any longer.

When commercials come on, theyre too loud. I thought that was against the law. Do those laws not apply to the internet or streaming? My other streaming services don't do that. I've noticed many similar complaints dating back a couple years.

Where can I leave a review about this? I want other customers to know its not an issue with their computer/internet and it will likely not be fixed anytime soon. I also want to warn potential new customers that they can get almost everything they need from Hulu, spare a couple shows/channels, without having to worry about waking up everyone in the house every 7 minutes.

New Poster

Oh, and the kicker...the volume controls that exist the entire time you're streaming, VANISH when commercials come on.

That is the main reason I have to run to the tv. I don't need a remote; I have a mouse, which is rendered useless if there are no volume controls. No volume controls AS SOON as the absurdly loud commercials come on. Coincidence? I hate Comcast!

Even worse, I have to stop watching my show to post these messages in vain because I doubt there is anything else we can do. I can't fix it and I doubt anybody is going to fix it, because the problem persists years after the first person complained and was told it would be addressed.

Gold Problem Solver

You might be able to fix it if you were pointing your finger in the right direction. At the moment, you are not.

You won't find the help you are looking for from this forum unless you start posting far more specific information.

Seriously, your concern probably has nothing to do with Comcast...

smoothj wrote:

Oh, and the kicker...the volume controls that exist the entire time you're streaming, VANISH when commercials come on.

That is the main reason I have to run to the tv. I don't need a remote; I have a mouse, which is rendered useless if there are no volume controls. No volume controls AS SOON as the absurdly loud commercials come on. Coincidence? I hate Comcast!

Even worse, I have to stop watching my show to post these messages in vain because I doubt there is anything else we can do. I can't fix it and I doubt anybody is going to fix it, because the problem persists years after the first person complained and was told it would be addressed.

New Poster

I'm sorry, you dont know what you're talking about. I was replying to this original post:

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/My-Account-Sign-In-Xfinity/Ridiculously-Loud-Commercials/td-p/1377103

The original post pertains to xfinity.com streaming. The comcast employee that responded said they started a new thread that directed here.

My suggestion was that people should use Hulu rather than Comcast, because Hulu is a great product that provides most of what you can find from xfinity, at a reasonable price, and no loud commercials. I appreciate that you've confirmed this.

I've provided quite a few posts with information in reply to what I thought was a pretty specific post. What more info do I need to provide? I'm not making a log of what I'm watching and when. I've already said EVERY channel on XFINITY STREAMING is LOUD. I'm watching AMC right now and its happened to EVERY commercial. CNBC earlier, EVERY commercial. I could waste my time making a log, or any comcast employee could turn on any show from xfinity.com and see what I'm talking about.

This is not the only computer or browser I've experienced this with. And this is not the first complaint.

New Poster

My concern is that you dont work for comcast and are not helpful. Bye.

Gold Problem Solver

You are right. I don't work for Comcast. But this is a user to user forum.

But as I said earlier, you aren't posting in the right place. Your concerns have nothing to do with X1 cable TV service.

New Poster

Re: Ridiculously Loud Commercials

Please go to this link and read what people have been saying for years. And read the last post by ComcastTeds:

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/My-Account-Sign-In-Xfinity/Ridiculously-Loud-Commercials/td-p/1377103

I've clarified that I'm talking about the xfinity.com streaming, and I'm hoping that ComcastTeds, a verified Comcast employee already engaged in this specific topic, will give me a reasonable response. You're not reading everything I wrote, and you're not doing your due dilligence by researching other customers' complaints about similar issues. You're just trying to nose into something and you're not being helpful. This isn't the only place I've posted about this, and I have the attention of somebody official.

Let Ted help, Thanks. Bye.

New Poster

The fact that he redirected a conversation about web streaming to the TV section doesn't make sense to me.

But I also had to dig to find the original post and the organization of this forum is a wreck. I'm new to this help forum, but I'm trying to get help or understand why these commercials are so loud. And this is where Ted has led me.

Thank you.

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Ridiculously Loud Commercials

This forum has nothing to do with "Comcast streaming"....

Comcast Ted is a really good guy. But I will tell you that I have access to Hulu and I just tested for your concern and I cannot confirm it. The problem may be on your end and your equipment.

Sorry but as I have already said three or four times, this is not an X1 issue.

Official Employee

smoothj wrote:

The fact that he redirected a conversation about web streaming to the TV section doesn't make sense to me.

But I also had to dig to find the original post and the organization of this forum is a wreck. I'm new to this help forum, but I'm trying to get help or understand why these commercials are so loud. And this is where Ted has led me.

Thank you.

Apologies, it wasn't clear to me from your original and multiple posts (most all posted in the TV section) that this was a web streaming issue (as you mentioned "channels" and "remote controls".

Also your account (based on your comcast.net user name that you used when you registered in this forum) shows that you have X1 service..... apologies that I incorrectly made that assumption based on the information that was originally provided. 

Thanks for the additional information. I can assure you that this is not a widespread issue. 

Moving this thread to the XFINITY TV Website section.

Someone on our PA team will be reaching out if they haven't done so already. Thanks for your patience. 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

I don't have x1, so my profile shouldnt say that. On the site, the shows are organized by channel, and i use a hdmi cord to connect to my tv - so i still use a remote to control the volume...

You redirected the conversation from a web streaming thread - which seemed random and made no sense to me. I only posted here because you said you were moving the conversation to this thread. I followed your link here...

I don't know what Rick is even talking about. He keeps bringing up Hulu and my equipment. I mentioned Hulu because it is better than xfinity if youre streaming. He keeps repeating himself like a broken record. I said before, the problem persists at my house, my friends house, and my parents house...All different equipment, software, operating systems, browsers...Its an issue. And theres more posts on this forum about it.

Nobody has reached out to me thus far.

Oh and Rick, he changed the thread title and addressed the misunderstanding. So apparently we're in the right place now. Your input was far from helpful.

New Poster

Instead of telling me where to post and watching Hulu (which has no issues at all...so why?), go on xfinity.com and watch Fear the Walking Dead - that's the one I'm watching right now with super loud commercials. I'm not citing this specific channel or progam, it just happens to be the one with loud commercials at this moment. It was The Profit on CNBC last night, and every other program since I got the service months ago.

Its like Rick is telling me I'm lying. If I'm on xfinity's website streaming, and having an issue, why are you on HULU?! Your just trolling now. Go away and let me get help from somebody who knows what they're talking about. What could possibly be wrong with my equipment that EVERYTHING I have on is a normal volume, but commercials come on and its blasting loud??? ONLY ON XFINITY - NOT HULU!!! WHY WOULD I BE COMPLAINING ABOUT HULU ON XFINITY FORUMS?!?!?

New Poster

5 days and 12 posts later, I'm still describing the issue to you guys. And you guys are still addressing the location of my post. Ted, your last post in the related thread that I cited, which was about WEB STREAMING, redirected here. I'm posting here becuse your link led me here. Everybody move on. Go to xfinity.com, watch a program, and see if Jamie Foxx isn't screaming about Verizon in about 7 minutes.

Astoundingly unhelpful, fellas.

New Poster

Oh, and it looks like I started this thread while on my parents account at their house. That's why it says we have X1.

But that further proves my point. On their account at their house, my account at my house, all loud commercials while streaming from xfinity.com

Official Employee

smoothj wrote:

Oh, and it looks like I started this thread while on my parents account at their house. That's why it says we have X1.

But that further proves my point. On their account at their house, my account at my house, all loud commercials while streaming from xfinity.com

Apologies, our team did reach out via phone to the account holder (for the e-mail address that is assigned to your User ID in this forum) on September 1st. Our agent spoke directly to someone at the household and left direct contact information for call back if needed. 

If you can supply me (via Private Message) with account information with where you are (account info, address, or phone number on the account), that would be very helpful to assist in troubleshooting in real time. I am fairly convinced that this is a localized issue that we can assist with. Thanks for your patience. 

You can click on my name (ComcastTeds) and scroll down to a link that says “Private Message Me”.
http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/4833257

At the top of each Forum page you will see a small envelope

This is the icon for Private Messages, referred to as ‘PM’s’. A Private Message is a way to communicate in private, to another User, Moderator, or Administrator out of public view in the Forums.

The envelope icon will have a number next to it if you have any new messages waiting.

To open a PM to read it, double click on the envelope. If you click on the envelope a window will open with tabs for your Private Message Inbox, Sent Messages, Friends, Ignored Users, and Compose new Message. You can also access this area by clicking on the Username in a Thread or post. By default, Private Messages are enabled. You can disable this feature in My Settings>Preferences> Private Messenger.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Official Employee
Moved:

Discussion stats
  • 21 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation