Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Re: No Eligible TVs

Regular Visitor

Last night I called the XfinityTV support number at   888-586-2364   and spoke with Beverly.  She sent refresh commands to my cable boxes and opened a ticket.

This afternoon I checked my iPad app and it was working fine.

When I first got the DVRs, I had named them  "Kitchen sink" and "Recliner"  

Today I found them named "DVR 1" and "Recliner"

Hooray!  Problem solved.  Thank you Comcast!

Frequent Visitor

I am trying to use the Xfinity TV app on my iphone/ipod touch but it's saying that it was unable to find any cable boxes eligible for TV control. My cable box is a Motorola DCH3200, which is one the list of eligible boxes. If I go on the website to try TV control it can't find an eligible box either. Last night I chatted with a comcast representative. They had me sign out and uninstall everything. They refreshed my account and had me install and try again. It still didn't work. Then they said that they would try a hard reset of my account and that the app should work after an hour. 12 hours later it still doesn't work. I tried going to the website suggested (Xfinity remote Self-Test page) but there was no help there.

Here's what it came up with (Sensetive informatin has been replaced with X's):

Your Comcast Account

Account Number XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Primary User ID XXXXXXXXXX

Content You Have Access To  [No Cable Type Available ]

The primary user ID associated with your account is XXXXXXXX, and the video content you have      access to is the same for all user IDs associated with this account.

Channel Line Up

Zip = XXXXX

Name = Comcast XXXXXXXXX Digital

Diagnostic Information
  Name                 Manufacturer                       LiveTV        OnDemand             Upgrade Remote Tune Software    
TV 1            [ No Device Model Available ]       N                         Y                            Install

TV 2            [ No Device Model Available ]         N                       Y                             Install

TV 3          [ No Device Model Available ]          N                     Y                              Install

Available Devices

Name                      Type           Remove Device From Account  
XXXXX’s iPod     iPod touch          Remove

My iphone isn't even showing up in available devices. I've tried unplugging the cable box and plugging it back in after 15 min or so. I've reinstalled the app like 20 times. What should I do next?

Silver Problem Solver

the problem is most likely on comcasts end.   pM comcast joe and they will look into your account.  have you signed out of the app and back into the app?   your iphone will not be listed as a device until you are actually able to set it up with the app.   you can also only have three devices set up on the app.  have you  tried both apps the remote and the tv app.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation