Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Re: Multiple UNSOLVED X1 Issues showing up today

Problem Solver

Here is a list of all the HD channels I can watch on my DVR.  The ones in BLUE are the only ones that show up on the XTV website and the Xfinity TV app. Out of approxiamately 120 HD channels I subscribe to, only 33 are showing up on the app.

ChannelGrid.jpg

According to the X1 Paltform website (http://www.comcast.com/x1clouduser) it states as follows:

Stream XFINITY TV at home

Now, you can turn any screen in your home into a fully functioning TV. Just download the free XFINITY TV app, and you can stream every channel live, watch XFINITY On Demand™, and access your DVR recordings – all from your tablet or smartphone while connected to your in-home XFINITY network.

Obviously I cannot stream every channel live, since I am only getting 33 out of 120 HD channels.

Service Expert

HowAboutThisOne wrote:

Here is a list of all the HD channels I can watch on my DVR.  The ones in BLUE are the only ones that show up on the XTV website and the Xfinity TV app. Out of approxiamately 120 HD channels I subscribe to, only 33 are showing up on the app.

According to the X1 Paltform website (http://www.comcast.com/x1clouduser) it states as follows:

Stream XFINITY TV at home

Now, you can turn any screen in your home into a fully functioning TV. Just download the free XFINITY TV app, and you can stream every channel live, watch XFINITY On Demand™, and access your DVR recordings – all from your tablet or smartphone while connected to your in-home XFINITY network.

Obviously I cannot stream every channel live, since I am only getting 33 out of 120 HD channels.

you stated 'DVR' - does it have a clock with the time displayed on the front? 

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

I'm working online (through Chat) with a representative who is having me sign out, then uninstall the app, then reinstall the app. Now she is having me sign out again and she is sending some signals to it to synchronize it. This is also requiring a reboot of my actual X1 box.  Amazing that it would seem a lot of us suddenly have apps that aren't syncing.   Will keep you posted if we come up with a resolution!

New Poster

Okay - they couldn't resolve my issue and are sending it up the tier because I explained there were others complaining on this forum about the same issue. If you are able, please take the time to complain using either online chat or calling, and let them know you know of others with the same issue. I am in Georgia...don't know where any of you all are. I think perhaps seeing multiple people complaining about this issue will help them realize it's wide spread, and not just a single person issue (even though in my "chat" I explained I saw other posts on this forum)

Service Expert

Gail_D wrote:

I'm working online (through Chat) with a representative who is having me sign out, then uninstall the app, then reinstall the app. Now she is having me sign out again and she is sending some signals to it to synchronize it. This is also requiring a reboot of my actual X1 box.  Amazing that it would seem a lot of us suddenly have apps that aren't syncing.   Will keep you posted if we come up with a resolution!

sounds like they have a local server problem for your cloud access. We've been told many times that the x1 boxes have nothing to do with cloud/streaming to devices. 

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

My iPad is suddenly seeing channels it couldn't see earlier today, and can now see a recording (set from one of those channels) that I just initiated.  However, can't see any of the previously recorded shows between Friday and last night that I can see on my DVR.  I guess somehow my account got unlinked from "the cloud" and someone figured that out with all my calls and my little "chat".  Will see if this holds!  Annoying that I can't access those previous recordings!

Problem Solver

I had sent a PM to a bunch of Comcast forum members about this issue, and just received a PM from one of them saying the issue was resolved.  I now can see all the channels on the XTV website and the Xfinity TV app.  I did have to clear my cache on Chrome to get all the channels to load, while IE worked the first time I rechecked.

I did check my scheduled recordings to see if they were all showing up in the app and noticed not all of them were there.  I then started canceling, then rescheduling them and they started showing up 1 by 1 on the app and website.  A couple of them I couldn't get to cancel so I will try later.

I hope you have some better luck.  I am in the Nashville market.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation