Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Re: (Error 102100.5: Loading of the specified resource has failed)

ANSWERED
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I get the same Error 102100.5 when trying to play a recording of a STARZ program.  I do not get this for AMC or other regular networks it seems.  Is this a problem for only premium networks?

(Error 102100.5: Loading of the specified resource has failed)

Accepted Solution

hooey wrote:

I get the error over multiple browsers; I.E., EDGE, Opera, Firefox, Chrome.  But after further testing, it seems to occur for particular episodes.  For Example, from "ON DEMAND", I can load the Starz program "The White Princess" successfully for Episodes 1 & 2, but when trying to watch the one I downloaded via my DVR, Episode 3, it fails.  It fails for both my DVR and directly from On Demand. 

When you click "Watch" from On Demand, we will default to playing a Cloud DVR recording if one exists.  You can turn this off in Settings (looks like a gear) by turning off "Choose best option to watch".

It sounds like the cDVR recording is corrupt which causing the error. Since this is Starz content, you should have no trouble with deleting the Cloud recording since you can both stream and download Starz content (only via the mobile apps).  Premium networks usually make all their shows available via On Demand.  May be worth confirming first, however.

-ComcastDan

View answer in context
Official Employee

Hi hooey, are you seeing this error message across multiple devices when streaming STARZ? 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Regular Visitor

I get the error over multiple browsers; I.E., EDGE, Opera, Firefox, Chrome.  But after further testing, it seems to occur for particular episodes.  For Example, from "ON DEMAND", I can load the Starz program "The White Princess" successfully for Episodes 1 & 2, but when trying to watch the one I downloaded via my DVR, Episode 3, it fails.  It fails for both my DVR and directly from On Demand. 

Official Employee

hooey wrote:

When you click "Watch" from On Demand, we will default to playing a Cloud DVR recording if one exists.  You can turn this off in Settings (looks like a gear) by turning off "Choose best option to watch".

It sounds like the cDVR recording is corrupt which causing the error. Since this is Starz content, you should have no trouble with deleting the Cloud recording since you can both stream and download Starz content (only via the mobile apps).  Premium networks usually make all their shows available via On Demand.  May be worth confirming first, however.

-ComcastDan

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

ComcastDan wrote:

hooey wrote:

-ComcastDan

This needs to be stickied. Several other users posting, and several separate threads, but this is the only solution that actually solves any problems.

New Poster

I cannot watch any of my recordings.

ABC, FOX, CBS

This Video Cannot Be Played

We've run into a problem while streaming The MasterChef Returns.

(Error 102100.5: Loading of the specified resource has failed)

Customer Service Diagnostics

Build number

OS

Windows 7

Browser

Firefox 45.0

Flash version

Status

in home

Entitlements

hd, tve-linear, clinear, cvod, cdvr, tve-vod

Last fingerprint

cloudtv_web_polymer_4.3.5_prod_1502371299708_39951

Stream provider

primetime

Video ID

V4832931176159265907L200334870810000017

Media ID

comcast:dvr:schedule:V4832931176159265907L200334870810000017

Error code

Error description

Loading of the specified resource has failed

Error aux info

https://xtvapi.cloudtv.comcast.net/recording/V4832931176159265907L200334870810000017/stream.m3u8?rec...

Video Provider

WFOXD

Video Source

s:VideoObject/Recording

Video Title

The MasterChef Returns

New Poster

This option was already chosen for me and I'm still getting this error message or my Adobe Flash player crashes.

Any other options?

Frequent Visitor

I wouldn't expect a solution. Some of us have been having problems with this service for over a year. You will get an answer saying there are issues on your line and they have to send a tech. The tech will tell you there are no issues, and it will start all over again for you. The problem is with their coding. Look at alternatives way of watching your shows. Sorry

New Poster

Thank you for posting truth. Saving me the trouble. Glitch bug malcode lame Comcast.

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/XFINITY-Stream-Website/SOLUTION-Error-102100-5-Loading-of-the-specified...