Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Re: Consistent skips in recordings watched on website or in Xfinity TV App - But not on TV ( with DV

New Poster

Re: Consistent skips in recordings watched on website or in Xfinity TV App - But not on TV ( with DV

I have the exact same problem. My service is in Sugar Land Texas. At first I thought it was my storage, however I consistently leave it at 80%. All the day time shows our family records is fine, but my bravo/lifetime shows will not record properly, some skip, don't record the full hour or don't even have sound. Any reason why the recent update or the update referenced in this forum from January hasn't fixed the issue?

Official Employee

Sparks11, are you seeing this issue replicated on the website? Have you tried resyncing your DVR? 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

Ken,

Yes. The issue occurs when streaming via the website or mobile app, at the same times of the recordings. For instance my recordings set for Tuesday only recorded 8 minutes of the hour show, however on the actual DVR device at the house, there is no issue.

Official Employee

@Sparks11. We're sorry you are still experiencing an issue. I'd like to perform a thorough diagnostic on your DVR. Please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can access your account. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

I am having this issue as well.  I'm a new Xfinity customer and just began service on 8/8/17.    Most of the TV shows I record are only recording the first 3 - 15 minutes and then it cuts off.  Please help! 

New Poster

This has been happening to me for months.  I have spoken with multiple people on the help number with no luck. It happens on every device that I try, other than the television (phone, three laptops, one tablet).  I am getting really frustrated that I am paying for service I cannot use.  If there is a fix, please let me know.  If not, I will need to cancel service, since I mostly watch on my devices and not the TV.  I appreciate any help you can provide!!