Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Re: Comcast does not support HboGo on Android TV

New Poster

I, too, will be canceling HBO with Comcast and signing up with HBO Now so that I can access HBO via AndroidTV.

One more step towards cutting the cord entirely. You would think Comcast would want to help their customers out here...

New Poster

Same here. To my knowledge they still haven't updated the PS3/4 app to allow HBO Go, so the cash goes straight to HBO now instead of Comcast (for the HBO Now app). Good thinking on their part in a likely effort to keep people on their own devices!
New Poster

Cancelling asap. So fake that they don't activate, you know they can in a heartbeat. Bet apple worked out a deal for apple TV. Comcast just wants someone to pay them. 

New Poster

will be doing the same. 3 shieldTV boxes and comcast is the only missing provider. guess its goodbye hbo on comcast and hello hbo now.
New Poster

Comcast? Any word on when this will be resolved?

New Poster

Come on Comcast. Make it happen. 

Admin1
Moved:

New Poster

This was already moved in the past. Why is it being moved again?

New Poster

Just wanted to note that I did follow through with canceling HBO GO and subscribing to HBO Now. This further prompted me to reevaluate my own TV coverage. I now do just fine with rabbit ears, HBO Now, and other streaming solutions.

I just wanted Comcast to know that this was the straw that broke the proverbial camel's back. This made me rethink my entire setup and make the change away from all Comcast services except for Internet -- which I will re-evaluate if they start enforcing their cap (I have other options here as well).

Contributor

Just adding my voice to those complaining that Comcast in not authenticating the streaming apps for HBO, Showtime and Starz on my new Sony android smart tv. All other major cable companies are authenticating ... but not Comcast! What's up with that? Come on Comcast, don't let your loyal customers down.

Visitor

So why has Comcast added support to the Fire TV but not to Android TV:

http://corporate.comcast.com/comcast-voices/hbo-go-showtime-anytime-now-available-for-xfinity-tv-cus...

I know you can cast to Android TVs but that requires using another device to drive the experience and Dolby Surround passthrough seem to be messed up when casting on the Shield TV.

Comcast is not preventing the content from getting onto the TV, it's just making it a major pain for users.

Also, while we're at it, add support for PS3/4 at the same time!

New Poster

I have a Shield TV and I think this lack of authorization is totally artifical and manufactured by Comcast to try and sell more cable box rentals. It is complete B.S. and the fact that the Amazon app is able to be authorized is further proof of that. Can we compain to the FCC?

New Poster

This is a shame. I have Shield and seriously considering dumping the whole cable TV thing and just going with HBO now.