Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Re: Announcement and feedback thread : TV Go is now pa...

Frequent Visitor

Re: Announcement and feedback thread : TV Go is now pa...

The sad thing about this situation is that I am sure Comcast is simply waiting us out.  In another 2 months, there will be very few complaints on this thread and no more pressure to improve.  They are a monopoly and I have very few choices.  I really don't want a satellite dish on my home, Fios is not available in my area and I really don't want to have to subscribe to a dozen different sites like Hulu and Netflix in order to view the shows I currently watch.  I really like the mix of channels I get (perhaps even more than I want or need).  But the website is all wrong for a computer interface.  What functionality works on a tv set is not necessarily workable or desired on a computer monitor.  And one would expect considerably more functionality from a website than a tv remote.  And now they seem to want me to control my tv and dvr, not from my pc or even from the remote control, but from my phone!  What have they been smoking?!  I would certainly expect to be able to do a lot more from a keyboard, mouse and 24" monitor than I would be able to get from a 4" smart phone screen.  And, of course, that assumes we all have smart phones. 

The only thing that brings me any joy is remembering how the various phone providers have squeezed us over the years only to lose business to some low cost provider who piggybacks on the same infrastructure.  I just dumped my major phone provider and changed to such a discount provider.  I get better service (and a new phone) for 1/4 the cost.  I believe that the cable providers will be the next industry that gets deregulated.  I can only hope...

Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation