Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

RNG200 not Recognized in DVR manager

Frequent Visitor

RNG200 not Recognized in DVR manager

Have a Cisco RGN200 in Zip 34997, DVR manager says it can't find the STB, talked to Inda, they state I have to swap the box for one with updated firmware. Other service providers I've had can push updates to STB, am I correct to assume this isn't possible with Comcast. Customer Service in India says no

Official Employee

Re: RNG200 not Recognized in DVR manager

minguel wrote:

Have a Cisco RGN200 in Zip 34997, DVR manager says it can't find the STB, talked to Inda, they state I have to swap the box for one with updated firmware. Other service providers I've had can push updates to STB, am I correct to assume this isn't possible with Comcast. Customer Service in India says no

Your area is scheduled for a required software and firmware update that will automatically activate the DVR Manager feature.

We are finishing up some activation testing in your area which can create a false-positive message from our website like the one you posted.

Shouldn't be long now for your area of Florida. Thanks for your patience.

More details in this thread:

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-and-Equipment/New-Features-for-Scientific-Atlanta-Cisco-Cable...

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Frequent Visitor

Any time frame ? 

Customer service seems to be in the dark about any upgrades, they always say " its coming to your area" , also. I would be willing to be an" early adopter" and provide feedback on results of the upgrade if you would like to push the firmware.

Silver Problem Solver

The firmware has been pushed to most of the country there are only a few areas left.  You can provide some feedback here after you get the upgrade. 

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation