Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

RNG110 not listed for TV Control

Frequent Visitor

RNG110 not listed for TV Control

Installed and activated RNG110 unit yesterday (>24 hours ago). It does NOT show up in My TV Settings:Manage Cable Boxes & DVRs. My DVR shows up and I can take advantage of the Mobile App features, but I'd also like to be able to control the Cable Box.

Is it possible to switch between two units on the same account using the Mobile Apps (iOS)?

If so, why isn't my second cable box showing up on my account?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: RNG110 not listed for TV Control

I can take a few days for the box to show up.   When  you go to the xfinity tv app once the boxes are recognized you can name them, like bedroom and livingroom, then you can switch between the boxes.  If it does not show up after a few days call comcast to make sure they have the box on your account properly. 

Frequent Visitor

OK, so I waited 72 hours before contacting Comcast support again as the box does NOT show up.

I've tried phone, e-mail, and chat. Either I contact them or they contact me every other day. Each time I'm told that it should work and that they are escalating the issue to a higher level tech and promising it will be fixed within a day. It's been over a week of these promises and it does NOT work yet!

I'm beginning to think that Comcast tech support does NOT understand how their system works and does NOT know how to fix any problems at their end.

Silver Problem Solver

Have you seen this page.

http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/xfinity-apps/setting-up-the-cable-tv-app/

Also see below:  It does not work in every Cisco SA market.

The remote features of the XFINITY TV Application will work with most Comcast set top boxes. Please note: Scientific Atlanta/Cisco set top boxes are eligible to work with the XFINITY TV Application in several markets; we are working to add all markets in the near future.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation