Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Qn65q7f xfinitysteam app

New Poster

Qn65q7f xfinitysteam app

I bought a Samsung qn65q7f because it was announced that the xfinitysteam was available on ruku and samsung smart tv. Now the app is unavailable and samsung said xfinity needs to build the app. I would like to go to you guys for my streaming instead of directgo or playstation vue. I've been a dish customer 22yrs with grandfather rights so your X1 is about 55buck to high, but you can have me for streaming instead of dish. Plz build the app.
Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Qn65q7f xfinitysteam app

Rickrude57 wrote:
I bought a Samsung qn65q7f because it was announced that the xfinitysteam was available on ruku and samsung smart tv. Now the app is unavailable and samsung said xfinity needs to build the app. I would like to go to you guys for my streaming instead of directgo or playstation vue. I've been a dish customer 22yrs with grandfather rights so your X1 is about 55buck to high, but you can have me for streaming instead of dish. Plz build the app.

The only xf app for samsung tvs that I've ever heard about is the uhd sampler app. Where did you see that the stream tv app was available on samsung tvs?

More info here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/uhd-sampler-app-on-samsung-smart-tv

New Poster

From the verge I beleive. Your CEO was saying Feb 2017 that they were going to roll out a competing app with Hulu and directgo app partnering with samsung and ruko for instant tv. Seeings how I have xfinity internet. if i cord cut I should give xfinity a shot instead of directgo. So i picked up my tv after thanksgiving. I thought the app would there. Just that ulta hd xfinity app. So i started calling xfinity support and samsung support. Now i should have not bought the tv just a ruko. My wife needs simple systems. Not 3 to 5 clicks to see here wheel of fortune. So the tv app would have been the best.
Bronze Problem Solver

Rickrude57 wrote:
From the verge I beleive. Your CEO was saying Feb 2017 that they were going to roll out a competing app with Hulu and directgo app partnering with samsung and ruko for instant tv. Seeings how I have xfinity internet. if i cord cut I should give xfinity a shot instead of directgo. So i picked up my tv after thanksgiving. I thought the app would there. Just that ulta hd xfinity app. So i started calling xfinity support and samsung support. Now i should have not bought the tv just a ruko. My wife needs simple systems. Not 3 to 5 clicks to see here wheel of fortune. So the tv app would have been the best.

Interesting. Yes it was the verge, found first artical and a second about samsung

https://www.theverge.com/2016/4/20/11474026/comcast-xfinity-app-roku-samsung-smart-tv

https://www.fiercecable.com/cable/four-months-comcast-s-xfinity-tv-partner-program-still-missing-hal...

Also found one including lg tvs

https://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2017/9/25/16362846/lg-smart-tv-comcast-cable-xfinity-tv-part...

You'll probably get to use your tv to stream some day in the future

New Poster

Well until that day I will keep my Dish hopper3. THANKS for the follow up. Your forum of support network functions well.
Official Employee

Hello @Rickrude57. I will gladly pass along your feedback for the need of the Stream app on Samsung TV's, to our team. We appreciate your feedback. 

Please let us know if you need assistance with anything else, or if you'd like to explore the promotional discounted offers for our XFINITY cable services, I can go over this with you as well. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation