Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Progress bar in full screen on chrome

Frequent Visitor

Progress bar in full screen on chrome

Whan watching a DVR recording on the XTV site in google chrome the progress bar will keep popping up every 30 to 40 seconds, searching the internet yielded no information, any idea's how to stop this, if viewed in window mode the problem goes away but video's were meant to be watched full screen

Problem Solver

Re: Progress bar in full screen on chrome

Your question might be better answered in the X1 forum, here's the link:

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/bd-p/X1

Service Expert

Myles_B wrote:

Whan watching a DVR recording on the XTV site in google chrome the progress bar will keep popping up every 30 to 40 seconds, searching the internet yielded no information, any idea's how to stop this, if viewed in window mode the problem goes away but video's were meant to be watched full screen

When using Chrome to watch a DVR recorded asset, ensure that your cursor is all the way to the top of the screen, which will drop the progress bar.  If you move the cursor down, the progress bar will reappear.

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information - (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers, the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing. Comcast Official Employees (OE) are identified with RED lettered User Names. Comcast Appointed Experts are identified with GREEN lettered User Names.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

That didn't solve the problem, If it helps the problem doesn't appear on firefox but flash crashes on firefox and chrome is my default browser

Regular Visitor

I am having this problem with the new Xfinity player (tv.xfinity.com) It happens in both Chrome and IE and I cannot seem to find a solution anywhere on the web. It also happens in the HBO Go online player, but on other sites like the old xfinity player (http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/) and YouTube this problem does not happen. 

The only solution I have found is to extend my display and move my cursor onto the other display, but this is not a permanent solution. Please find a solution for this issue. 

New Poster

Same Problem here. Glad to know I'm not losing my mind.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled mouse and pad drivers and nothing helps.

If you have the mouse anyplace on the actual content screen it will "Wake" the screen and bring back up the progess bar and rwd/pause/fwd options.

Even when not in full screen. But when you're not in full screen you can at least move the mouse to the task bar or to the top of the browser window.

If you Don't have a second monitor your "out of luck**" trying to use full screen. 

In my case it's a Dell Latitude E6510 running Windows 7 64bit.

Problem exists in Chrome and IE11.

Please help us out here Comcast. I don't recall having this issue with the old website so.......

** "Out of luck" because I couldn't use the word that describes using a screwdriver to tighten a what a screwdriver tightens (can't use that word either)!!