Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Programming DVR

New Poster

Programming DVR

I used to be able to program my DVR from my Xfinity homepage on my computer.  Now when I click on manage your DVR, it connects me to a page that says

"Unable to Retrieve Recordings"  and saying there was a problem retrieving your recordings.  Please try again.  Apologies for any inconvenience.  (Error getRecordings.403)

This has gone on for weeks, and I am getting very frustrated.  I should not have to spend this much time trying to program my DVR!!   Any help would be appreciated.

Official Employee

Re: Programming DVR

parbo wrote:

I used to be able to program my DVR from my Xfinity homepage on my computer.  Now when I click on manage your DVR, it connects me to a page that says

"Unable to Retrieve Recordings"  and saying there was a problem retrieving your recordings.  Please try again.  Apologies for any inconvenience.  (Error getRecordings.403)

This has gone on for weeks, and I am getting very frustrated.  I should not have to spend this much time trying to program my DVR!!   Any help would be appreciated.

Sorry for your frustration. Only subscribers to our X1 service can schedule recordings from the website.  If you have non-X1 equipment, you can use the XFINITY TV Remote app for iOS and Android.

Give us a call if you're interested in upgrading to X1 which includes Cloud DVR so you can watch and even download your DVR recordings to watch anywhere.  There may be no additional cost to upgrade but it depends on your current package.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

I have X1 Preferred Triple Play, is this considered X1 service?

Official Employee

parbo wrote:

I have X1 Preferred Triple Play, is this considered X1 service?

Yes, that's perfect. You should call 800-XFINITY and request that they add the Cloud DVR rate codes to your account. Then you will be able to program (and watch) recordings from the apps and tv.xfinity.com.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

I called xfinity to add this service on.  I was told there was no additional charge.  When she came back on the line, I again asked if there was any additional charge, and was told it was

$7.99 a month additional.  I immediately told her to take it off, as I was not going to pay for something as simple as programming my DVR from my computer.  For some reason, they couldn't do it because they were getting an error message, and they were going to send a report to the escalation team.  She now has to call me back tomorrow to see if the problem can be solved.

I can not understand how they could add it on, but not take it off.  All in all I spent  55 MINUTES ON THE PHONE!  It was a total waste of my time, and I am so irratated with Comcast.  

New Poster

The whole change to the new guide is a complete mess designed by techies. BTW, it seems that Comcast's answer to eveerything is to take a capability away and to charge additional money for the "so-called" improved service.  They are a cable monopoly in this area. Three of my neighbors have switched to Direct TV within the past three months and are  totally satisfied. Maybe time to look elseware.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation