Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Program DVR Online

Contributor

Program DVR Online

I can no longer find the place on the website where I used to be able to search for TV shows and then program my DVR online.  I've clicked on Manage DVR, like before, and am redirected to a screen having nothing to do with it.  Would someone please help?  Thank you. 

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Program DVR Online

JudyCl wrote:

I can no longer find the place on the website where I used to be able to search for TV shows and then program my DVR online.  I've clicked on Manage DVR, like before, and am redirected to a screen having nothing to do with it.  Would someone please help?  Thank you. 

What you should be seeing is the new website that replaced the old one. Under Saved you should see Recordings, Scheduled, and Purchases. If you don't have X1 you will only see Purchases and you can not manager the dvr from the webpage. If you have X1 and don't see Recordings and Scheduled, you don't have cloud storage enabled on your account. You would have to contact comcast to have it added.

See a summary of changes here:
http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Xfinity-TV-Website/Announcement-and-feedback-thread-TV-Go-is-now-part-o...

See all complaints here:

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Xfinity-TV-Website/Announcement-and-feedback-thread-TV-Go-is-now-part-o...

Contributor

That's ridiculous, but thanks for answering.

New Poster

I used to be able to program my DVR online, and now I can't.   Wow, Comcast is moving us backwards.

Contributor

Right.  And why did we need to be able to program online?  Because doing it with the remote is a joke.  I don't suppose begging them to bring it back would help.

Contributor

JudyCl wrote:

Right.  And why did we need to be able to program online?  Because doing it with the remote is a joke.  I don't suppose begging them to bring it back would help.

With X1, programming the DVR on the TV is quite simple. The tv.xfinity.com website allows you to program recordings if you have X1 and the Cloud DVR service.

You can also use the XFINITY TV Remote app (iOS or Android) with or without X1 to schedule recordings and change the channel.

Contributor

I don't have X1 and since I have a very old cell phone, apps don't help me at all.  It was an extra step to go online to program my DVR, but sometimes it was the only way that worked since there are so many problems with the way it is set up using the remote.  Thanks for answering, though. I appreciate it.

Frequent Visitor

I've had this same problem since the end of September. I've complained three times with tech help, escalated twice to supervisors. Per note in this forum, got the link to file an FCC complaint.

Today I got a call from Comcast based on the complaint. Was told that the part of my service to managing my DVR online was removed from my account because I hadn't upgraded to a PS1 box.

Solution: Received a $40 discount on my bill for not getting the full service I was paying for. Technician will come tomorrow free of charge to exchange my old DVR for the PS1. My bill will not be increased due to this change and I get the new box for free. I was told that this change will restory my access to manage my DVR online.

All prior tech help could not tell me why this feature was removed and said it was a website glitch.

Contributor

Thank you so much for posting the solution.  Can you (or anyone) tell me what the difference is with the PS1 box?  I hate the agony of upgrading and ending up with more things messed up.  Wonder if I have to file an FCC complaint to accomplish what you did.  Comcast reps, are you reading this?

New Poster

Why did comcast take away the feature where I could progam my DVR online?  Seems like we are moving backwards. Is PS1 the same as X1?  I have X1 and don't recall getting anything about upgrading.

Official Employee

There is no PS1 box. The customer is referring to X1. 

http://www.xfinity.com/x1

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

I don't want X1. I'm happy with what I have. And now I can't use this page anymore.

Literally the one reason I came to this page was to set DVR recordings and it's just gone now.

Stupid.

Contributor

I agree.  But you know they will never give it back now that it's gone. 

Regular Contributor

What is so horrible about X1 that you absolutely do not want it?

For me (and we watch quite a bit of TV), I don't really see much difference between the X1 that I have now and the DCT that I used to have. The voice remote could come in rather handy, but we don't use it. Programming recordings is very easy either utilizing the remote or doing it online. You have access to your recordings online, which means that if you are away from home, you can still watch a recorded program if you want. And now, Netflix is a part of X1, so you can watch Netflix via your cable box.

ferretface wrote:

I don't want X1. I'm happy with what I have.

Stupid.

CIAO!

Ed N.
Regular Contributor

egnlsn wrote:

What is so horrible about X1 that you absolutely do not want it?

For me (and we watch quite a bit of TV), I don't really see much difference between the X1 that I have now and the DCT that I used to have. The voice remote could come in rather handy, but we don't use it. Programming recordings is very easy either utilizing the remote or doing it online. You have access to your recordings online, which means that if you are away from home, you can still watch a recorded program if you want. And now, Netflix is a part of X1, so you can watch Netflix via your cable box.

ferretface wrote:

I don't want X1. I'm happy with what I have.

Stupid.

If you think programming recordings with X1 online is easy, you must never have used the old web site. The current web site has no filters for the channels you get or favorite channels (at least on the TV you can set up favorite channels). Also, the old web site had visable notations for new shows, and the new one doesn't - and neither does the guide on the TV. The old web site had a 5 hour grid, the new one only 2. I find it much more difficult and time consuming to program my DVR online with the current web site than it was with the old one.

Regular Contributor

I just said it was easy -- I didn't compare it to the old one. Yes, the 2 hour grid is ridiculous, but that doesn't make it hard -- just more time consuming.

CIAO!

Ed N.
Contributor

So I am out of town for a month and can no longer manage my X1 from my PC as I was previously able to do.  All I get under the saved tab is purchases.  So if I talk to a tech and ask them to enable cloud storage all should be good?

Bronze Problem Solver

cj7ole wrote:

So I am out of town for a month and can no longer manage my X1 from my PC as I was previously able to do.  All I get under the saved tab is purchases.  So if I talk to a tech and ask them to enable cloud storage all should be good?

Yes, should. The only thing is the only recordings you will see away from home are those that are completed after cloud storage is added to your account and there is no series priority manager.

Official Employee

cj7ole wrote:

I looked at your account and suspect you can add Cloud DVR with no additional cost. This will enable you to also watch your DVR recordings from the web or the XFINITY TV app on your mobile devices.  Call 800-XFINITY and ask them about adding the Cloud DVR rate codes to your account. 

You can also manage your DVR using the XFINITY TV Remote app for iOS or Android. 

-ComcastDan

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon