New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Problems with NBC Olympics streaming

New Poster

Problems with NBC Olympics streaming

Hi all,

I'm unable to stream live video from the nbcolympics for some reason. I've entered my login information on the comcast site and then got linked on over to nbcolympics.com. But when I click on watch live video, all I get is a black screen where the video should be. No error message, nothing, just a black video screen. I can, however, watch some other short youtube clips on nbcolympics -- so it seems like the live stream just isn't working. I can sream other live video (for example on espn3.com) and my flash player is working (though I only have version 11.2soemthing, rather than the 11.3 -- is this the reason I can't watch?) I'm on windows and using IE8. I'd greatly appreciate any advice!

thanks!

Greg

Official Employee

Re: Problems with NBC Olympics streaming

Greg_M wrote:

Hi all,

I'm unable to stream live video from the nbcolympics for some reason. I've entered my login information on the comcast site and then got linked on over to nbcolympics.com. But when I click on watch live video, all I get is a black screen where the video should be. No error message, nothing, just a black video screen. I can, however, watch some other short youtube clips on nbcolympics -- so it seems like the live stream just isn't working. I can sream other live video (for example on espn3.com) and my flash player is working (though I only have version 11.2soemthing, rather than the 11.3 -- is this the reason I can't watch?) I'm on windows and using IE8. I'd greatly appreciate any advice!

thanks!

Greg

Apologies for this issue. I've opened a ticket on your account, someone will reach out to you directly to help resolve. Some individual adjustments may need to be made to your cable account. Thanks. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

I'm having the same problem. I can hear audio, watch other youtube videos fine, all my plugins and everything are up to date. But all I can see is a black screen when I try to stream from nbcolympics.com

I run google chrome, but it doesn't work on firefox either.

Official Employee

conorebbs wrote:

I'm having the same problem. I can hear audio, watch other youtube videos fine, all my plugins and everything are up to date. But all I can see is a black screen when I try to stream from nbcolympics.com

I run google chrome, but it doesn't work on firefox either.

Apologies for this issue. I've opened a ticket on your account, someone will reach out to you directly to help resolve. Some individual adjustments may need to be made. Thanks. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

I have been watching the Olympics online for the past 2 days, for some reason today it isn't working. I am able to log into my account through comcast.net but when I try to login through nbc, by clicking the comcast emblem nothing happens. I can click on any other emblem, the verizon one, for example and it takes me to the next step but the comcast button is unresponsive.

I have tried 2 different browses (chrome and Firefox) and also cleared my cache and browsing data twice on both browsers. 

I am paying for cable solely for access to the Olympics, why bother if I can't access them. 

New Poster

Same here. Black screen but audio works. Can anyone help?

New Poster

I have problemm streaming video too. I sort of watch half of all streaming events in frozen frames. I checked my network speed. It was great - all lights were green. I also tried streaming other video on Youtube. All were fine.

What is going on with NBC and Comcast? Why the commercials have normal speed but the events are frozen half of the time?  

New Poster

I have the same problem where I can login to xfinity, but when NBC asks me to login, I click on Comcast and NOTHING happens, yet if I click on something else it goes to the 2nd step! I spoke with a chat tech and they told me to clear my cache and cookies and they reset my box and I watched ONE thing for a little bit, but as soon as I changed to watch something else the problem came back. I tried chatting a tech again, but it did not work the second time.  This is REALLY frustrating when the Olympics are only on for two weeks and xfinity is advertising being able to watch but i cant...

New Poster

I have that problem as well.  It asks me to login, I click Comcast and then nothing.  Did the whole reset, clear cache etc, etc nother.

New Poster

Having same problem as everybody else.  3 Chat sessions, 2 hours on phone.  No resolution.  Cannot get past message from NBC saying that they do not have my Comcast user id, password etc.  Told to do the same garbage... clear cache etc.  Waste of time.  Somewhere there is a glitch in  Comcast transmitting info to NBC allowing us access... and Comcast doesn't want to admit it.

New Poster

Hello everybody (and hopefully Comcast as well)

I am having the same problem as the first couple posters in this forum.  I am able to pull up nbcolympics.com and it has verified my Comcast account successfully.  When I pick any event to stream live it shows where the video should be, a commercial plays flawlessly, then a black screen appears with all the audio of whatever even I have selected.

I have tried both Chrome and Firefox... both up to date... and have also verified that my flash player is up to date.

Any help/advice for me?

Problem Solver

I'm setting up a ticket for each of your issues.

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.

New Poster

I am having the same problem that others have mentioned. I am trying to watch the streaming Olympic events live online and while I can get the intro commercial fine, I end up with a black screen for the actual event and can only get the audio (no visual). I've done the uninstall/reinstall with flash player and have tried IE, firefox, and chrome. No luck on any of these. Please help!

New Poster

I am also in the same boat! I just started service today and I wanted to watch some live events and all I get is a black screen! I have tried IE and Chrome plus I have the most recent version of flash. Smiley Sad

New Poster

I have the same problem. I have called comcast 3 times today been on hold, gotten people who dont know how to resolve the problem.  I have been on hold for almost an hour waiting for an actual technician, tho I was told I was transferred to one half hour ago. Very frustrating. what is going on Comcast?

Problem Solver

I have open up a case for all 3 issues stated below.

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

Add me to the list of people who have the black screen with audio, but no video.  Have updated plug-ins, etc., called Comcast...still no help.  Very frustrating as we recently switched to Comcast and have had problems ever since!

New Poster

Has anyone discovered a solution to getting comcast recognized for the nbc olympic site?

New Poster

I'm furious!  I haven't been able to access the NBC Live Extra for the Olympic livestream feeds since Wednesday on my ipad.

I click on the live event and then it takes me to the page where you click on "Comcast", which takes me to a screen that states:

"Authentication Error. There was a problem logging in to your provider, which will prevent access to the Olympic Live broadcasts.  Please contact your cable or satellite provider for more information."

I spent two hours yesterday with six different people at the Comcast 800#  - kept getting passed around, cut off, and nobody was able to help me.

I'm able to access the live feeds on my desk top but it's an old pc with a lousy picture.  I want to be able to watch it on my Ipad.

New Poster

IE9 on windows 7 doesn't work at all after clearing cache and uninstalling/reinstalling flash.  Firefox 14.0.1 works 5% of the time after 1) clicking on watch now, 2) picking comcast as provider, 3) clicking last button claiming how wonderful it will be to watch 3500 hours of LIVE PROGRAMMING.

If on one of the lucky tries I actually get video, after 5 minutes I get a message that flash player has crashed.  Reloading the page does nothing (black screen or error).

Also, though I'm logged in, I am prompted to select comcast (wait for something) then click final confirmation button every time I click on any live event.  An absolute waste of time and utterly frustrating.

Problem Solver

We do apologize to everyone that is having an issue with trying to stream the Olympics online. Our team has been working to resolve this matter for all.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

i've been transfered 3 times, disconnected twice, spoken to 8 people

i still can't watch the olympics online and on TV they show so little of all the events there are

unbelieveable ...

New Poster

Update for Ipad users.

Here's what I did:

I rebooted my Ipad.

Removed both the NBC Olympics App and the NBC Live Extra App.

I rebooted my Ipad again.

Went to the NBC Olympics website through the Safari browser on my Ipad.

Clicked onto the "download NBC Live Extra app"

Clicked on Comcast.

The sign-in window came up (finally!) and re-signed in.

The live feeds seem to be working now (though it may be because nobody is watching at this time of day??)

I'll check it again, first thing in the morning.

All I want to see are the Equestrian events!!!!!

New Poster

I too am having the same issue where I can login successfully, watch advertisements, and hear audio but all I see is a black screen.  I've tried multiple browsers (all up to date) and so is my flash player.

-Steve

New Poster

Description:  COMCAST is not clickable – does not redirect user to CIMA sign in page

Steps to Reproduce:

1.Launch  nbcolympics.com

2.Click on 'CLICK HERE & GET READY'  button , it re-directs to http://www.nbcolympics.com/liveextra/help/index.html page .

3.Click on 'CLICK HERE TO GET STARTED ' button . Choose 'COMCAST ' from MPVD provider list .

Expected Result: It should re-directs  CIMA login page .

Actual Result:   Comcast is not clickable in MPVD provider list.

OS & Browser:

Win 7 IE8

Win 7 FF

Vista IE8

Vista FF

Possible solutions:

Please go through the comprehensive list below and let us know if this resolves your issue.

1. Please make sure you are running the most recent version of flash.  To confirm, please go to this page to download the most recent version:

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

2. Navigate your browser to: http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager03.html

3. Make sure "Allow third-party Flash content to store data on your computer" and "Store common Flash components to reduce download times" options are both checked.

4. Move the "Specify the amount of disk space..." slider to 100 KB.

5. Navigate your browser to: http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html

6. Clear the Flash Player Cache by pushing the "Delete all sites" button.

7. Make sure your third party cookies are enabled:

MAC USERS:

FIREFOX BROWSER (FOR MAC USERS)

Click on “FIREFOX” (at the top left of screen)

--> Preferences

--> Privacy tab

--> Open drop down next to "Firefox will:" and set it to "Use custom settings for history"

--> Make sure "accept cookies from sites" is checked

--> Make sure "Accept third-party cookies" is checked

--> Keep until:  "they expire" (in drop down)

SAFARI BROWSER (FOR MAC USERS)

Click on “SAFARI” (at the top left of screen)

--> Preferences

--> Security Tab

--> Accept Cookies (check “Always”)

CHROME BROWSER (FOR MAC USERS)

Click on “CHROME” (at the top left of screen)

--> Preferences

--> Scroll to bottom of page and click on “Show Advanced Settings”

--> Privacy –> Click on “Content Settings”

--> Cookies – >Check “Allow local data to be set” also make sure “Block third-party cookies and site data” IS NOT CHECKED.

--> Click “ok” at bottom of page.

PC USERS:

INTERNET EXPLORER (FOR PC USERS)

-->Click on Tools

--> Internet Options

--> Privacy Tab

--> Click the Advanced button in center of page

--> Make sure the radio button next to Accept is checked below “First-party Cookies” and “Third-party Cookies”

--> Click “OK”

FIREFOX BROWSER (FOR PC USERS)

--> Click on FIREFOX (top left of screen)

--> Click on Options

--> Click Privacy Tab

--> Open drop down next to "Firefox will:" and set it to "Use custom settings for history"

-->Make sure "accept cookies from sites" is checked

--> Make sure "Accept third-party cookies" is checked

--> Keep until:  "they expire" (in drop down)

--> Click “Ok” at bottom

SAFARI BROWSER (FOR PC USERS)

--> Click on the wheel on the top right, below the X in the red box

--> Click Preferences

--> Click the Privacy Tab

--> Block Cookies: click “Never”

--> X out of pop up

CHROME BROWSER (FOR PC USERS)

Click on the wrench at the top right of the screen

--> Settings

--> Scroll to bottom of page and click on “Show Advanced Settings”

--> Privacy – Click on “Content Settings”

--> Cookies – Check “Allow local data to be set” also make sure “Block third-party cookies and site data” IS NOT CHECKED.

--> Click “ok” at bottom of page.

8.  Close your browser and then reopen your browser.

9. Start the verification process here: http://www.nbcolympics.com/liveextra/help/index.html

If the steps up above do not resolve your issue, please uninstall and then reinstall Flash.

Frequent Visitor

I was told early on that IE9 is not compatible with NBCOlympics Live app but only 7 or 8. I reverted to 8 and, after much FLASH fiddling, including uninstalling Flash completely and restarting BEFORE reinstalling, I was up and running. Good luck.
Cable Expert

IE9 works great on the Olympics streaming.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

New Poster

I have followed all the instructions listed in this thread. I have uninstalled Flash and re-installed it, I have checked all my settings. I have made sure that all of my software is completely up-to-date. I still play the commercial just fine, then I get a black video where I can hear the sound. This makes me sad, as I am a huge olympics fan and would really like to be watching more than just the prime time coverage.

New Poster

Thanks Yolanda it works now

New Poster

Add me to the list of people with issues.

I've tried several browsers, cleared caches, etc.  but still can't get past the first step of selecting Comcast as my provider. 

Thanks for your help.

Problem Solver

& -

I have submitted a ticket to have the egineers look into your troubles.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

Have been on hold for 30 mins with Comcast trying to fix this issue. When I go to watch live via comcast.com/nbcolympics, it redirects me to the main nbc olympics site and a pop up where you choose your cable companyt appears. It already has the comcast logo in it, and when I click on the comcast or try to selct it from the list, nothing happens. It's like a dead end. It's been this way for a few days after working fine before that, but I can't watch USA basketball bc it's not on reg NBC. Any ideas? I treid in IE and Firefox btw. Thanks

Frequent Visitor

Re: Problems with NBC Olympics streaming ..FLASH uninstall procedure important

I also had a dead Comcast button.  The tech who helped me said that if all else is correct, subscription etc, the button is dead because of a FLASH problem.  I had reinstalled flash several times even though I had the newest version but I did not do this.  Uninstall, reboot, reinstall.  He said that FLASH in windows leaves pieces of info in the registry unless there is a reboot after the uninstall.  Hope it helps. 

Regular Visitor

ComcastLarry wrote:

I have submitted a ticket to have the egineers look into your troubles.

I'm having the same issue. I select Comcast as my provider and it either gives me just a black box, or takes me to the provider selection dialog again. I have tried everything listed in the FAQ, along with a few other suggestions I have seen, I still get the same result.

I started a new topic like the FAQ says to, but I guess I'm not supposed to follow that part of the FAQ and post here instead, because it seems to have been ignored.

Problem Solver

caldwelln-

Sorry for all the inconvenience. We are looking into both of your cases.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

i'm also having the problem detailed (REPEATEDLY) above - - i see/hear an ad, then when the streaming broadcast begins, i have audio and no video.  flash is up to date.  any chance this will be resolved before the closing ceremony?????????

thx.

New Poster

I am having the same problem. After logging into comcast.  I select one of the olympics links ( doesn't not matter Live or Replay).  I select the comcast provider and nothting happens.  I called comcast 2 days ago.  They opened a ticket.  I called again today.  Still no one is fixing the problem.  The Olympics will be over soon!!!!!

New Poster

To all of those phone trouble shooters who don't seem to read their own forums. 

Dorks --- read your forums!!!!    This sequence solved my problem.  I thank you for publishing it.  Can you cue in your phone trouble people as they are just leaving tickets open for DAYS on end and NOT really resolving tickets in a TIMELY manner. 

GO FIGURE.  We pay for this service!? 

Terrie

New Poster

Does anybody know if there has been any resolution to this problem? I have been experiencing the same thing for the past week, advertisements work fine, audio works fine, video... all i get is a black screen. I never cared before the womens soccer gold medal game. Would like to know if there is anything that can be, lets say... before the end of the game... to get this to work properly...? Anyone?

New Poster

I was watching the olympics untill yesterday (using Chrome). I could not get past the sign in (I selected Comcast from the menu for logging onto the nbcolympics) but could not get past he selection screen. I followed all the steps of emtying the adobe cache but still cannot get past the login screen. Any suggestions?